Rick Turner Guitars - Crooked Business Dealings - Terrible Flaws In Craftsmanship-

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Collector333, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Collector333

Collector333 Active Member

This Thread is a continuation of the story from a previous thread titled: Very Bad Business Dealings From Rick Turner Guitars. The thread was closed due to too many members fighting with one another about one issue or another that had nothing to do with the intent of the OP...

With that being said I would like to ask for anyone who comments to please be respectful of one another and me. Please try to be positive, helpful and respectful in your comments rather than trying to tear one another down with who is right about this or that. If you are a fan of Turner and do not agree with my story remember that you do not have to agree, Rick Turner is a grown man and is more than capable of posting here, Picking up a phone or sending an email to assess the situation I am sharing with you all.

All the information I am sharing here is the absolute truth and is not a falsified story made to smear Turner's reputation. If you take a moment to look around here and elsewhere on the internet you will see that I am one of MANY dealing with this kind of situation from Turner guitars right now.

If you are reading this I ask that you take it as a positive post, and a forewarning letting others know what they may be getting themselves into by ordering an instrument from Turner guitar by listening to what I have been put through for the past three years. If you have any questions about something you may have missed as I post, please go back and read the story from the beginning to find your answer. There were seemingly too many people with personal agendas on the last thread attempting to stir up more negativity out of spite rather than having an honest question, so I will not be humoring those kind of questions this time around...

again, lets all remain respectful to one another and post in a positive manner. everyone is entitled to their post and their own opinion, but lets do so in a way that everyone isn't offending and defending one another so the thread doesn't go off the rails and turn into a circus... Thanks to all.

Picking up from post #130 of the previous thread...

After receiving some Information from Rick where he had basically went on a rant that included details of my Model 1 build situation that were all wrong and commenting on things that had never happened and were totally false pertaining to my situation.... After the initial shock of Ricks rants and wrong details about everything it caused me to abandon hope of his helping anything, I then told him to just continue the build and reminded him he didn't take my original Model 1 as a trade and I owed him nothing toward the current build. I also asked that QC please look over my guitar really well before shipping and send me some pictures before they ship so we can catch any issues and not have a situation like we did with the previous Model 1. (No one did as I had asked, They just sent the guitar without even telling me they had just shipped it, no communication beforehand, SHADY..) I mean I tried to cross every t and dot every i on this as I felt so uneasy about it all at this point. (Naturally so..)

On 9-22-14 I got some info from Eliza saying... I just wanted to let you know that the Callahan bridge is on order and being shipped to us priority, so I expect it later this week... (remember, I was told my guitar is completely finished, all it needs is the bridge that would be delivered in a week from 9-22-14) after waiting a while I said to Eliza on 11-12-14.... Hi Eliza, I just wanted to check with you and see how the progress of my model 1 guitar is going? I haven't heard from anyone since September...I know all it needed was the bridge to be installed so I thought it would be finished by now? Eliza responded by saying.... Your guitar is actually finished, and Rick will be getting in touch with you to discuss details of the exchange with the guitar you have in your possession right now. I will check in with him, and see when he will be able to contact you... I informed Eliza that I also had some things I wanted to ask Rick and I look forward to hearing from him.

After that I contacted Eliza with quite a few questions again with no response from her or Turner (same old runaround), so on 12-04-14 I contacted her again saying... Eliza, I will be dropping some things off at UPS tomorrow and was wondering if Rick was going to be able to get back with me with the shipping info so I can go ahead and get the guitar on its way back to you? I hope you received the previous attempts to contact you since I haven't heard from anyone... Thanks. I had been asking if Rick could please contact me back quite a few times... the following day I reply from Eliza saying... I have been out of town, helping my mother with a medical emergency. Sorry I missed your previous attempts to contact me while I was gone. I have had UPS send you an electronic label. Let me know if that works for you/if you receive it and can use it. If that doesn't work, let me see if there is another method for creating the label. I answered saying... I am very sorry to hear about the medical emergency. I hope everything is okay... I received the UPS info you sent on Friday after I had already gone to the UPS store. I am going to try and have the guitar shipped today. I am not sure if what you sent me will work for the return until I get to the UPS store, as I do not think it is a traditional shipping label, but I will see if they can print that for me based on what you sent me. Can you please check with Rick to make sure he didn't have any specific information he wanted to share before I shipped the guitar today? I have never heard from Rick since you originally told me he was going to contact me... Thanks. Eliza responded saying... I am very sorry that you had a hassle with the UPS label. Yes, please let me know if you have problems with the shipping. As far as speaking to Rick, I do know, of course, that he is very busy, but I had hoped that he would have already answered your question, and checked in with you. I created an invoice for the shipping, and perhaps he will contact you with that invoice.
    Thanks for your kind words about the medical emergency. She said her mother is in skilled nursing right now, and is stable, but living situation is up in the air. Then she said she would be leaving the office shortly, for the day.

Story continues on next post...

2. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

LOL you got nads dude

3. Collector333

For wrong situations like this, Yes, yes I do. And I am being as professional as
    I've ever seen anyone ever do it on here as well. Just trying to warn people and get positive feedback from people.

Thanks, Flackbase.

4. XKnight

XKnight Member

This is getting old fast...

5. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Member

I feel for you dude but ....
    [​IMG]

6. Collector333

Picture of damaged headstock from 2nd replacement I forgot to post.
    Chips in headstock laminate that were finished over.

http://imgur.com/3bBr1aI

7. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Closed for Admin review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.