• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Rickenbacker 12 string owners - GTFIH!!!

reverblover

Calling all you Rickenbacker 12-string owners!

1) Lets see your rick!

2) What effects are you using with it and what is the result?

I'll start. Pic coming soon. Currently using a Fender Reverb Unit with it and getting godly vintage tones. Dying to get a JangleBox to really get that chime!

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
Sorry for the crappy, uninteresting pic.
My 360/12 WB Mapleglo. Gotta be my least favorite Ric color!
Usually goes through Ch.1 Fat on my Mesa Mk V, a touch of plate reverb and occasionally Mr. Black Doublechours.

mrfett

I like the JangleBox but actually prefer a Pigtronix Philosopher's whatever. Mine sounds godly through my Vibrolux Reverb:

ultradust

1986 360/12

Primary effects when recording: SPL Channel1, a hybrid tube preamp with some wonderful auto-comp and EQ features that the 360/12 works so well with. When playing live I'll use a V.1 Janglebox (if I need to stick out) or Pedalworx McSqueeze + Moollon EQ

What it sounds like (all lines double tracked)with SPL Channel1, some DAW EQ, digital reverb added...Certainly not the best mix of one of our earlier songs from about 6 years ago, but the 360/12 shines through just the same, alongside our CIJ Jazzmaster. Isolated jangley bits are all over the place, intentional throwback to '60s pop at around 3:15 or so.

Last edited:

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
'67 360/12
Had it since new,never adjusted the truss rods,never touched a screw.
You bring up a great point.
Even under heavy use, Rics hold their setup really well.

I give all my guitars a top-to-bottom setup every 6 months. The Rics always seem to need the bare minimum if anything at all.

seltaeb

Silver Supporting Member
Ricks 1 & 3 below are mine: 2 & 4 belong to my uncle.

From left to right:

1. My 1967 360/12
2. 1989 Roger McGuinn 370/12
3. 2007 360/12c63
4. 1985 330/6

I play my Ricks through a 1998 Vox AC30TBX and a 1964 Fender Bassman 6G6/B. Sometimes I use the janglebox for the '67 Rick 12, but never for the C63. I keep rounds on the '67 for Tom Petty/Mike Campbell sounds, and flatwounds on the C63 for Harrison/McGuinn sounds.

reverblover

Amazing pics guys!!!!!!

Can anyone hear comment on the Janglebox versus their JB-3 which is their two stage compressor? Trying to see if its worth it, or if the standard jangle box is enough.

FigMusic

Former owner, had to sell for financial reasons. I would love to get it back.

Jetglo 1992 370/12 S/N "E5 7497"

Trending Topics