Rickenbacker 330/6 Strings

afonsor

Hi,

I'm thinking about restringing my 330 with a set of 0.11s. Would those put too much tension on the neck of such guitar?
I hear that a lot of people put flatwounds on Rics but never tried it. What should I expect different from rounds if I go with flats?

thanks for your opinions/experiences

Rickenbacker sells two gauges of strings. one is 10-42 the other is 12-54. so putting an 11 set will not hurt your Rickenbacker or any other guitar.

i had a flatwound set of 10-48 on my 330. you should expect extra string tension and less highs as the strings wear out. to some, this is a desirable trait.

i just put a 10-46 set with a wound G on it. so far, this is the set i've liked best. YMMV.

SGNick

The 330 I've played was the only guitar that I felt deserved a larger string. It had 9's. I felt like 11's would have been amazing on it.

Stratobuc

Suggestion, try Curt Mangan strings sold by "Pick Of The Ricks". These are compression wound (burnished), and are very comparable to the Rickenbacker branded strings, but are about half the price. They are better then the regular off the rack for this particular guitar.

afonsor

Rickenbacker sells two gauges of strings. one is 10-42 the other is 12-54. so putting an 11 set will not hurt your Rickenbacker or any other guitar.

i had a flatwound set of 10-48 on my 330. you should expect extra string tension and less highs as the strings wear out. to some, this is a desirable trait.

i just put a 10-46 set with a wound G on it. so far, this is the set i've liked best. YMMV.
Do you think a set of round 11-48s would help get rid of the "clank" I get from 10s without losing highs? Cause that's what I'm after.
I would like to try ric strings but they're impossible to get around here. I think they recommend 10s for normal and 12s for short scales.

Doodad

Do you think a set of round 11-48s would help get rid of the "clank" I get from 10s without losing highs? Cause that's what I'm after.
I would like to try ric strings but they're impossible to get around here. I think they recommend 10s for normal and 12s for short scales.
Where are you located? I have two sets of Ric 10-46 strings and :cry: have no Ric no longer.

the clank on my guitar was most likely due to the wound 3rd. at least that's what i think today. that could change when i try a plain G on my next string change in a few weeks. the strings i'm using are D'Addario 10s, with the wound 3rd, EXL110W.

Trending Topics