Rickenbacker 330 Pickup Wiring - Help!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by slippyknees, Jul 17, 2008.

1. slippyknees

slippyknees Supporting Member

hey guys (and gals),
    anyone have a diagram - not a schematic - of a ric 330's pickup wiring? even a photo of the inside of yours would help tons - i don't have a clue how to make sense of the schematic i saw online. a diagram would be waayyyy more helpful to me.

i just bought my ric used and the previous owner disengaged the 5th knob and has the guitar set up in a master volume situation - no individual volumes for each pickup - just a master volume and two tones.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  2. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck Member

3. slippyknees

thanks. i saw these too but i'll be honest, i don't quite understand it. i mean, i get it enough, but not enough to actually do any wiring off of it. i need the "put this wire here" kinda stuff. doh!

4. slippyknees

anyone have a diagram or photos?
    :confused:
    thanks!

5. skeeterbuck

skeeterbuck Member

Slippy, you not going to make this easy are you?

Do a Google search about schematics and also learn some basics about soldering.

Wiring on a guitar is very basic and it's NOT dangerous high voltage like amps. If you make a mistake it just won't work.

When you do for yourself and it works, you'll gain a sense of pride and some knowledge that no one can take from you. Good luck!
    If you still can't figure it out PM me.

Chuck