• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rig Rundown for Keyboard Players?

Pablomago

Is there something like Rig Rundown that shows pro keyboardists rigs? I'm trying to get an idea of what people use on the road.

Sheherezadeh

This would be cool if it existed, especially to see rigs with real B3s, Leslies, MiniMoogs, Rhodes, etc., but I'm afraid far too many would just be, "here's my master controller, here's my laptop loaded with VSTs and plug-ins, and yep, that's it." As it is some guitar rig rundowns come close to guitar -> single unit controller pedalboard -> AxeFx. That bores me, but I guess that's why I'm here and not at the AxeFx forum.

Last edited:
Most good bands I've seen lately have been doing a Rhodes, then that new Hammond digital B3 keyboard that just came out, and one large AMS. I have a similar setup myself. Some guys sub a Nord Electro for the Hammond.

Pablomago

This would be cool if it existed, especially to see rigs with real B3s, Leslies, MiniMoogs, Rhodes, etc., but I'm afraid far too many would just be, "here's my master controller, here's my laptop loaded with VSTs and plug-ins, and yep, that's it." As it is some guitar rig rundowns come close to guitar -> single unit controller pedalboard -> AxeFx. That bores me, but I guess that's why I'm here and not at the AxeFx forum.

Actually, I am interested in what controllers and plug-ins people are using. As well as real B-3's and the like. I'm trying to set up a basic controller/computer rig and don't know much about that stuff. I agree it's no substitute, but for my keyboard skills, no one's going to care about the difference. They'd be covering their ears whether I'm playing a Rhodes or a digital simulation.

Sheherezadeh

Actually, I am interested in what controllers and plug-ins people are using. As well as real B-3's and the like. I'm trying to set up a basic controller/computer rig and don't know much about that stuff. I agree it's no substitute, but for my keyboard skills, no one's going to care about the difference. They'd be covering their ears whether I'm playing a Rhodes or a digital simulation.
There's not much of visual interest though, since most of it's going to be pre-programmed and possibly sequenced. Guitarists have so many cool finishes and shapes for their instruments to come in, whereas keyboardists are usually stuck with a big black, silver, or dark blue rectangular box. So seeing modular systems, anything with some wood to the casing, Nords, heck even keytars, creates something to discuss.

Cream

Not The Brightest Member
Silver Supporting Member
"Here's a Motif XS-8 that one of my roadies rented and uh... it plugs in here..."

Trending Topics

Top Bottom