Right angle adapter for 18v pedal??

Unchained81

I've done some googling but can't seem to find my solution. I have a Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 with my 18v Flanger coupled into outputs 7 and 8. Problem is the pain the ass straight barrel that plugs into the pedal. The barrel is so long it gets in the way of anything I want to put behind the pedal. I'm looking for a right angle barrel that will go into the pedal while the other end connects to the straight barrel of the cable itself. Anyone know where to find one?

MartinCliffe

I've done some googling but can't seem to find my solution. I have a Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 with my 18v Flanger coupled into outputs 7 and 8. Problem is the pain the ass straight barrel that plugs into the pedal. The barrel is so long it gets in the way of anything I want to put behind the pedal. I'm looking for a right angle barrel that will go into the pedal while the other end connects to the straight barrel of the cable itself. Anyone know where to find one?
Pedalsnake makes one, I have a couple for similar reasons. I think Diago might too?

ColonelForbin

Voodoo Lab makes a voltage doubler that is two straight ends to a single female. You connect a straight to right angle extension cable to the female end.

I use that for precisely the description you mentioned! The straight plugs make pedalboard arranging a challenge..

I used some electrical tape to tape together the female end with the extension cable; used straight to right angle, taped together the straight end to the female end of the voltage doubler

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PPAY

Unchained81

Voodoo Lab makes a voltage doubler that is two straight ends to a single female. You connect a straight to right angle extension cable to the female end.

I use that for precisely the description you mentioned! The straight plugs make pedalboard arranging a challenge..

I used some electrical tape to tape together the female end with the extension cable; used straight to right angle, taped together the straight end to the female end of the voltage doubler

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PPAY

Thank you for the response. I have that doubler coming out of outputs 7 and 8 of the Power Plus 2 because the Flanger is 18v. But I'm not following what you mean and how I would use that to solve the problem. A standard voodoo lab right angle cable isn't compatible with that is it since we're talking 18v? Or am I being a total moron about this? Ha

JeffR

Thank you for the response. I have that doubler coming out of outputs 7 and 8 of the Power Plus 2 because the Flanger is 18v. But I'm not following what you mean and how I would use that to solve the problem. A standard voodoo lab right angle cable isn't compatible with that is it since we're talking 18v? Or am I being a total moron about this? Ha
If I'm understanding your question correctly....

There is no 18V (center negative) cable. All the VL standard cables works at all voltages. I use just the supplied standard cables with my 18V tap on my ISO5 to power my Belle Epoche. No issues.

As long as your flanger is the standard (center negative) connection it will work fine

Last edited:

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
I just got one of these for a pedal where I needed a lower profile off of the back of the pedal. Still slightly bulky, but takes up much less space than the straight barrel...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141570308509?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

JeffR

To add to my above reply... I mentioned center negative because they do make a voltage doubling reverse polarity (center positive) cable for some odd ball EHX products. I believe it is labeled for 18/24V, which might be where your confusion is from. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:

ColonelForbin

Sorry, I wasn't clear - you would need two cables; one is the voltage double that has two straight ends and one female end - the two straight ends go into the 7 and 8 on your PP2+. Then a straight to right angle cable goes into the female end of the voltage doubler; straight end, and then the right angle end is now at 18v for the pedal.

One of these:

And One of these (and some electrical tape to connect the straight end to the female end of the doubler):

Trending Topics