Riot and Slough Feg

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Hand of Doom, May 26, 2015.

1. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom Member

Jun 19, 2015 in San Francisco, CA at Elbo Room.

Man, I wish I could go. Slough Feg is killer live!

2. bruno_desmartass

bruno_desmartass Member

Oh man, I'm going. Love Traveller and all Slough Feg. Thought the Elbo Room closed down. WTF do I know.
    Bruno

3. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom Member

Traveller is perfection. Down Among the Deadmen is probably my favorite. It took a few listens to get Digital Resistance but man what an album! I love the 70s vibe and tone.

4. bruno_desmartass

bruno_desmartass Member

Funny story. I had purchased tickets for my band and I to go to this show after I saw Hand of Doom's post, above.
    Last night I wandered into my local watering hole for a beer or two. Bartender I'd never seen before was wearing a "Slough Feg" T-shirt and Pittsburgh Pirates hat. I commented on the shirt. He goes, "Wow, no one knows how to pronounce that correctly!" (Slow (as in Wow!) Feg). I told him that I dug the band and was going to the show at the Elbo Room next month.
    He says, "Thanks. See you there." It was Mike Scalzi, guitarist, singer and main instigator of SF. We chatted for about an hour, while he served customers, told tour stories and chatted about his new drummer, (that he was stoked about), Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, spelunking and the trials and tribs of flogging an old-school metal band while trying to live in San Francisco. The usual...
    Nice cat. And yeah, I tipped him, but he wouldn't let me buy him a drink....:)
    Bruno

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  5. Hand of Doom

Hand of Doom Member