Riot Reloaded

RSRD

Anyone have one on their board yet? I see a few on ebay but haven't yet seen them on the emporium.

Ryan84

I wanna hear from people who own or have owned both. It's hard for me to hear the difference in the demos from the old one which I have. Am I hearing a little more bass with the reloaded or am I wrong?

RSRD

Pete thorn says it more 3d then the original. More "amp like". But I have yet to hear an A/B or reports from unbiased owners of both.

Soothsayer

Gold Supporting Member
I owned both at the same time and Im looking to pic up a reloaded again. The reloaded was smoother/darker in a good way. Something they changed affected the feel of the pedal, its more amp like/adds to the amp. However, like the original it does not clean up as nice as I would like when you roll off the volume but to be honest its still nice. I like the reloaded more than the Bogner pedals, plus its just really a well thought out design like all Suhr products.

RSRD

I always thought the bogner blue was one of the more amp like pedals. I liked it better then the riot. Maybe the reloaded riot ups the anti.

RSRD

I'm thinking the Riot is more akin to the Bogner Red while the Shiva is closer to the Bogner Blue. Could be wrong, though.
Yes, I'd agree with the SHIBA being closer to the blue but the blue has more bells and whistles and is a nice stand alone distortion pedal. The old shiba was more of a 'boost and push your gain into lead territory'.

Ali

I've owned both Riots and both Shiba Drives at the same time. I kept both Reloadeds and sold the originals. The Riots are pretty similar except at extreme settings. I kept the Reloaded because it responds better to variations in pick attack and volume but, if you have the original, the difference isn't all that great to me. Truth be told, it gets a lot less use now I switched from Marshall to the PT100 whose channel 3 trumps the Riot in all areas. The Shiba, on the other hand, has gone from "why did I buy this when I could just use the Koko boost" to my favourite pedal. Big improvement in depth and amp interaction and the extra gain really separates its use out from the Koko's job on my board. On the amps channel 2, it adds massively to the tone and adds a real cutting edge, letting the Koko be used more for a lead boost.. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Random Hero

I owned both at the same time and Im looking to pic up a reloaded again. The reloaded was smoother/darker in a good way. Something they changed affected the feel of the pedal, its more amp like/adds to the amp. However, like the original it does not clean up as nice as I would like when you roll off the volume but to be honest its still nice. I like the reloaded more than the Bogner pedals, plus its just really a well thought out design like all Suhr products.
How do you feel that they changed the, er, feel?

Ali

They just respond more to a lighter playing style. More articulate, for want of a better way to put it. You can still get the tones if the originals on each Reloaded. Just dial vack the gain and slightly increase the tone.

RSRD

I've owned both Riots and both Shiba Drives at the same time. I kept both Reloadeds and sold the originals. The Riots are pretty similar except at extreme settings. I kept the Reloaded because it responds better to variations in pick attack and volume but, if you have the original, the difference isn't all that great to me. Truth be told, it gets a lot less use now I switched from Marshall to the PT100 whose channel 3 trumps the Riot in all areas. The Shiba, on the other hand, has gone from "why did I buy this when I could just use the Koko boost" to my favourite pedal. Big improvement in depth and amp interaction and the extra gain really separates its use out from the Koko's job on my board. On the amps channel 2, it adds massively to the tone and adds a real cutting edge, letting the Koko be used more for a lead boost.. Hope that helps!

Thanks Ali, that's a great post. Your description of the Shiba. just what im looking for. I have one on the way. I'll post my feedback when i get it next week.

ewsethan

I have the reloaded now and it's the best distortion pedal I have ever heard and felt. Fwiw I did not care for the original riot. Through a good clean channel this pedal compares VERY favorably with channel 2/3 of my pt100