RIP Ian McLagan

GtrWiz

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2014/12/ian-mclagan-1945-2014.html

I've been seeing on FB that he hasn't been well from lot's of local musicians…

Ian McLagan, best known as the keyboardist for legendary English rock bands Small Faces and Faces, has reportedly passed away at the age of 69.

According to Paste writer Tim Basham, who was present in McLagan’s hospital room with approximately 15 to 20 other visitors, the musician—who also has collaborated with The Rolling Stones and led his own band for decades—died after suffering a stroke.

Stay tuned for more details as we get them.

loudboy

Keef better get a checkup...

This is terrible - he was one of the best rock-n-roll keyboardists, IMHO. Right up there with Nicky Hopkins, Ian Stewart, Roy Bittan and Benmont Tench.

One of my musical dreams was to have Ian play on a track for me...

Steve Hotra

Silver Supporting Member
He was a musical inspiration for me ( as I explored keyboards)
He played on a lot of my favorite songs.
RIP

Terrible loss.

I'm trying to console myself by imagining him and his buddy Keith Moon and what conversations they must be having at this time. What outrageous guys they were!

skydog

Silver Supporting Member
The worst part of getting old is saying good bye to others

chrisr777

Damn. Just yesterday I was talking to a friend about a show I saw 30 years or so ago because of the loss of Bobby Keys. It was in a small club in Reseda called the Country Club. Band was called the Stop and Go. It featured Bobby Keys, Ian Stewart, Ian McLagan and Mitch Mitchell. Bonnie Raitt and Bonnie Bramlett were there and sat in a bit. But all four of those guys are now gone.

What a loss.

roadfilm

He just did a gig here in Des Moines at a small club a few weeks ago. I couldn't go because my mother was in the hospital. The first rock concert I ever saw though was The Faces. Very sad news.

Madison

Very sad loss, RIP. My wife saw him last year in Austin, said he ran around to all the tables and placed a 'Bump band' sticker on each one before getting up to play. Quite a personality.

GerryJ

RIP!!

.. Bobby Womack, Jack Bruce, Bobby Keys, and now Ian MacLagan.

...and earlier, Johnny Winter.

It seems that those who lived the RnR life, even with access to good medical care, seem to lose all 9 lives at ~ age 70 (all of the above).

ewheel

Damn, one of the great rock n' roll piano players. RIP Ian.
Bobby Keys on this track also.

Top Bottom