• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

RIP Lou Pallo (Les Paul Trio and more)

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
Just heard about this. Lou was amazing the few times I was lucky enough to catch the LPT at Fat Tuesdays on a Monday night while visiting NYC. One night we were lucky enough to catch Tony Bennett join them on stage. RIP to the great Lou Pallo

BJW

I remember seeing Les Paul play on I believe Conan O'brien. I was mesmerized by Lou's rhythm playing just as much as Les' playing

cadduc

we never saw the show at fat tuesdays
but we did see les paul at the iridium a few times

whenever we caught the show, Mr. Pallo was there
with Mr. Les Paul each time

Mr. Pallo sold me his guitar pick for $1
he sold it cheap because it was used
he was a friendly fellow and a great guitar player

thank you mr pallo for everything you gave us
it was a wonderful gift

GulfportBound

Lou Pallo was the perfect accompanist, a sharp soloist in his own right, and seemed like a genuinely nice man.

He never knew it, but I learned how to play my own version of "Begin the Beguine" on a guitar just by hearing and watching him play one when his sig model Les Paul rolled out. Mine's quite a bit different, but he showed me it could be done at all.

RIP Mr. P. Make those Elysian Fields swing!

Dr.Twang!

Wrangler, twangler, participle dangler
Gold Supporting Member
I saw Lou at the Iridium LP gig, never forgot it.....I thought he was Pauly Walnuts! Never missed a beat. Frank Vignola on that night, too. Swinging.

Last edited:

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
I remember sitting right in front of Lou on a couple of occasions at Fat Tuesdays. I was just learning to play guitar and was mesmerized by how fast he could move from chord to chord. Amazing!

O
M
G
!
Noooooooo .. Ugh .. a buddy of mine and I were planning to go on a cultural pilgrimage to New York to catch Lou at Iridium after this Covid-19 crap .. Wow .. Ouch .. The Master of Inversions .. he was known as the man of a thousand inversions .. Wow .. what a player .. A monster .. I am from what my guitar teacher said years back he was a very sweet man .. Wow .. RIP Lou Pallo .. Loved your stuff, man .. May God Bless your family and friends

gennation

Sorry to hear this. I saw Lou with Les a few times in the 90s, at Fat Tuesday’s and the Iridium Room. Great player and one of the legendary sidemen. RIP Lou

samdjr74

Silver Supporting Member
I saw Lou at one of Les' last shows at the Iridium, incredible musician and really nice guy, R.I.P.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Lou used to play Jiggs's Corner, a bar/restaurant on Rt. 23 in Butler on a regular basis on Sundays until COVID hit. Very sorry to hear of his passing. He helkped make rhythm guitar an art form.

paulbearer

Gentleman and guitar scholar.
I saw and was mesmerized by him many times.
First, his tone was big, mellow, sweet, other-wordly. His fluidity, articulation and speed (as nec.) with the most complex chords was boggling, though he was the most understated guy. Perfect sideman to Les, and perfect standalone on many levels.
RIP “LP”.....

jpastras

Silver Supporting Member
Lou was instrumental in me getting my first Les Paul, and he even got the Wizard to sign it. RIP to a marvel of a musician and a really good guy.

Psychotronic

Oh Nooooo!!! I got to play with him a few years ago, the result of which was a firm handshake, a compliment on my playing, and a request to please come to Jigg's Corner to play. I never had the opportunity to do that, unfortunately, but he was a very nice man, and a fantastic guitarist.

pickslide

Silver Supporting Member
I remember I picked up one of his picks that he threw on the floor. It was super thin and actually broke from all that strumming. Got to find that pick....

Jon C

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I haven’t mentioned it here but heard soon after... Lou was my friend and beloved guitar teacher since 1965, when I was 10. We were still in touch and I saw him on trips back to NJ, and got to sit in with him several times. He called these my “lessons” when I told him I wish he still gave lessons in His house, as I’d done from age 10-16 (1965-71).

”I can hear you‘re Lou’s boy” was a high compliment from a band mate after I took him to see Lou with Les Paul.

love you, Lou, RIP