RIP Mark Lacey

John Quinn

Gold Supporting Member
I was never aware of him - looks like he built great instruments - do you know what he passed away from?

Anyway See Ya Around Mark!

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
I was never aware of him - looks like he built great instruments - do you know what he passed away from?

Anyway See Ya Around Mark!
I don't. The article didn't state.

I've run across one or two of his guitars in the used market. Stellar instruments a bit out of my price range.

I used to travel to guitar shows to interview builders for a podcast but I don't recall ever meeting Mark.

jsboswell

Silver Supporting Member
Wow... what a loss. I had the privilege of talking with him a few times when I had delusions of commissioning a high-end acoustic archtop. A very gentle soul, and a true artisan.

backdrifter

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve always admired his work, but never been lucky enough to see one in person. Hopefully one day I do. Gorgeous guitars!

chappy

Gold Supporting Member
Sad news.
Lucky enough to have a giant 18” imperial. Will have to get some pics up sometime soon. It’s a true work of art and sounds amazing.

OJT1212

Spoke with him at length in the early nineties. At that time he actually made a shredder Super Strat that was awesome. I just couldn’t afford it, if I could I’d probably still have it. An amazing guitar.

Rest easy Mark. You’ll be missed.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom