RIP Peter Green

DanR

By the way, I have been Facebook friends with Peter's Nephew, Joe, mainly to keep track of Peter and to see how he was doing. It appeared that Peter had his own place but Joe was looking after him. It does seem that he was happy and content in his last years fishing, traveling and just enjoying life.

rockinstephen

PG was a supremely talented guitarist and an inspiration to many in his era. It's a shame his career was derailed by mental illness. I'll be sure to be listening to his music...

Voodoo Soul Blues

Gold Supporting Member
I basically learned to play listening to Fleetwood Mac in Chicago......blues guitar, slide, everything......
He will be so missed...........:(

Salfordlad

I saw Peter the first time in 1968 at the Fillmore West. Yes, he was beyond great as a guitarist and singer, BUT it was much more than that. He had an aura around him that was undeniable. Nobody I ever saw had his presence on a stage. The man was as unique an artist as I have ever witnessed. People throw the "greatest" thing around too easily but for Peter it was a gross understatement. Nobody could touch him.

TA22GT

I saw Peter the first time in 1968 at the Fillmore West. Yes, he was beyond great as a guitarist and singer, BUT it was much more than that. He had an aura around him that was undeniable. Nobody I ever saw had his presence on a stage. The man was as unique an artist as I have ever witnessed. People throw the "greatest" thing around too easily but for Peter it was a gross understatement. Nobody could touch him.
That's Peter in a nutshell.

MKB

Gold Supporting Member
Not only a guitarist for the ages, but an astounding songwriter as well. One piece of evidence showing he'll never be forgotten, and how well his tunes last over time.

Trending Topics