RIP Rick Parfitt

tiktok

Silver Supporting Member
One of my favorite Status Quo songs, which I'd always thought was about a guy alone in a hotel room doing a lot of coke and deluding himself that a friend was going to come by and visit him, but that wasn't going to happen, so it was just going to be him and the drugs.

And here's the tune that Americans will remember them for:

Rumble

Instrumental Rocker
Gold Supporting Member
Very shocked to hear this. I've been a big fan of the Quo since the summer of 1968. He had a heart attack or two in recent years I believe. Parfitt was one of the best old school rockers ever. He and the rest of the gang ruled the airwaves in the UK and beyond, but unfortunately, not so much here in the US. RIP

GulfportBound

After they changed from psychedelic experimenters to hard boogie rockers, I thought of Status Quo
as kind of like Foghat without the blues historicism and slide guitars, Humble Pie without the Steve
Marriott/Peter Frampton tension (musically and otherwise), and Kiss without the makeup and the
[email protected] And their live album beat the living snot out of a lot of the 1970s live albums:

RIP Mr. Parfitt.

Glass Onion

Toneful truth seeker.
Platinum Supporting Member
One more bag of dicks for table 2016.

Sorry wait staff. 2016 may need to stay after hours and consume all the hate the public has directed its way.

StratoCraig

R.I.P.

The only song of theirs I can remember is "Pictures of Matchstick Men", but I know they've been a mainstay of the UK rock scene since the late '60s. There aren't many bands with that kind of longevity and sustained popularity.

I have the Do They Know It's Christmas 12" single. He is pictured on the back cover sleeve with the British rock royalty of the '80's.

R.I.P.

AXEnGEAR4J

Forgot all about them.... RIP
My transistor radio lay under my pillow 68' - 69', only to dream of playing rock guitar!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom