RIP Riff City, We barely got to know ya!

therhodeo

I never purchased anything from them but in shopping it seemed that they always had a ton of out of stock items listed on their site.

Kylote

It seems most of the time when things look great on the outside and they appear to be doing well it is often business mis-management on the back end. I have zero knowledge of the situation, but seems to be a common trend among companies that appear to be doing well and suddenly close.

jvin248

Was RC gear focused or lessons focused? Lessons seems to be what keeps most mom and pop places in business. Pure gear angles are rare and much more difficult. I suspect the Chapman thing hurt them a lot and they were the early and main regional youtube promoters of that brand.

DaveNJ

Supporting Member
I thought I read a while back that they were just closing one location - it's the whole thing now? That's a shame...

pewing33ny

They were supposed to have a gear expo in August and I got the notification last night it was cancelled. No details tho

Vhailor

Supporting Member
I think they just made a lot of new customers and money with the Chapman thing. They probably expanded too quickly and then Chapman partnered with GC so it just went south quick. IMHO

"GC" as in "Guitar Center"? Considering some of the crap that Guitar Center has pulled on its employees in recent years, this would cause me to dislike Anderton's... if I didn't already dislike them.

oansun

Supporting Member
"GC" as in "Guitar Center"? Considering some of the crap that Guitar Center has pulled on its employees in recent years, this would cause me to dislike Anderton's... if I didn't already dislike them.
Yes Guitar center