RIP Ron Luczak

lumco

Most of the roads I travel are muddy
Platinum Supporting Member
I really enjoyed the link to that article. RIP Ron

tea312

What a tremendous lost to the guitar community and luthier community. He was great to deal with and I have supplied guitar building woods to him probably around 2007-2010 on. My condolences to his family.

Arnold

tonefordays

Oh My God...What Happened?

He seemed to be a Healthy young man still in his prime.

He built me a Guitar last year. He was great and super helpful.
I'm Very sorry to hear this news. RIP

Ron was in the process of building me a LP Junior. I spoke to him in May and he was fine. Texting with him two weeks later he told me doctors found a tumor on his kidney but he didn't feel sick at all. After that he stopped responding. I found out the day I posted this that he passed. No details, but it sounds like it must have spread. One saving grace was that he went fast. Doesn't seem like there was a lot of drawn out suffering. Ron was a wealth of knowledge. His absence is a huge loss for the Flint area.

JackD

Gold Supporting Member
I just found out today. Very sad. I am also located in Michigan and visited him a couple times. Great builder and really nice guy. very, very sad :(

brentrocks

Guitar Hack/Player
Double Platinum Member
I just found out today!! Mostly because I have just re-acquired his 1st 59 burst tribute. I bought this from Ron about 10 years ago, sold it and just got it back yesterday.

Ron was a VERY TALENTED BUILDER.

He was so nice, so mellow and mild mannered. Ron built 3 guitars for me over the past 12 years or so. Had been to his house many times.

The guitar world lost a true gem. RIP RON.

I don't really frequent the forums anymore, but I thought there might be a good chunk of folks here that would want to know luthier Ron Luczak passed away yesterday. Ron was an incredible builder with the most astute attention to detail I've ever seen. He will be missed by many.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/rky5yr/bringing-guitars-back-from-the-dead-with-ron-luczak.
I was shocked and so saddened to hear about Ron, we were good friends. I do wish I could contact Fuzz to express my condolences. I left Flint in 09' for Houston and periodically touch base with him. Great memories in the shop. Huge loss for flint music scene

nksoloproject

Screenshot_20220417-173201_Instagram.jpg
pic is around 2003 in Ron's shop.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom