RIP Trini Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Well, nowadays we call this ‘He would still be alive if it weren’t for this damn Virus’!

(Edit - this post makes sense only when read as a response to the post by 004-65. It was deleted, but it's still here in other posts quotes, so I'll leave this here too, as it has also be quoted.)

Last edited:

deceased

So we're gonna chalk all elderly death to COVID. When I was young we just called this "dying of old age"
It says in the headline “died Tuesday of complications from COVID-19”. Meaning, probably, he wouldn’t have died if he hadn’t contracted it. No one said all elderly death is from COVID.

Why be so disrespectful? Not just to the subject of the OP, but to other members here who have lost people to COVID.

Just because a person is 80 doesn’t mean they don’t want to live as many more years, months, weeks, seconds as they can. A young person with lung complications shouldn’t die for being born that way. I don’t know, it sounds like you’re old enough to know basic compassion.

Death is certain, but that doesn’t mean we should hasten it for anyone.

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
that is literally impossible to say, and chances are that isn't the case
You know, you right. Partially. We don’t know all the circumstances of this mans death. But if it did have anything to do with Covid, which was what was reported, then the chances are that it was the case.

In any event, if covid had anything to do with it, it was an unnatural death. An unnatural death, that couldn’t be helped, is a tragedy. This wasn’t old age or a result of poor life choices, it’s a disease that preys on the weaker among us. Nobody deserves to go out like that. Where’s the dignity in that. And who’s to say this man didn’t have more life left in him at 80 than I do at 46?! Than you do?

Have some compassion.

0004-65

You know, you right. Partially. We don’t know all the circumstances of this mans death. But if it did have anything to do with Covid, which was what was reported, then the chances are that it was the case.

In any event, if covid had anything to do with it, it was an unnatural death. An unnatural death, that couldn’t be helped, is a tragedy. This wasn’t old age or a result of poor life choices, it’s a disease that preys on the weaker among us. Nobody deserves to go out like that. Where’s the dignity in that. And who’s to say this man didn’t have more life left in him at 80 than I do at 46?! Than you do?

Have some compassion.
That's kind of my point, do we know covid had anything to do with it?

seems disrespectful to those who are adversely affected by illness

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Ok, let’s assume that Variety got the story right and he did in fact pass away from complications of Covid 19. Would accepting that change your opinion?

Also, I don’t understand what the second part of your post means.

Cactus Bob

Supporting Member
Loved Trini when I was a kid and was always fond of his Gibsons. A lot of fun songs like Lemon Tree, La Bamba and others which he played often on the Ed Sullivan Show, Hollywood Palace and others. See you on the other side Trini.

Last edited:

0004-65

Ok, let’s assume that Variety got the story right and he did in fact pass away from complications of Covid 19. Would accepting that change your opinion?

Also, I don’t understand what the second part of your post means.
If it can be proven. People seem quick to label covid 19s death when covid 19 isn't related

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
If it can be proven. People seem quick to label covid 19s death when covid 19 isn't related
Proven? I think the diagnosis would have only come from the hospital he was being treated in. In that case it was proven by tests. You know, doctors and science and stuff.

Unless it’s all a part of the Illuminati’s plan to interfere with our precious bodily fluids...

Arcadia

Supporting Member
Covid? The dude was in his 80s

Did you even read the article? Or google it? That he died of COVID is clearly stated everywhere. Yet you posted THREE times in this thread your skepticism. What are you 12? A good man is dead. Show some respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics