Rippah Q-wah in the house

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jzucker, Feb 14, 2008.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

Just got this. Extremely cool pedal. The most versatile wah with the biggest quack I have ever gotten from a vintage style wah. This wah has an extremely large range from synthy bass tones to vintage wah tones and can be adjusted to unity gain instead of the lossy gain you have with most wahs.

I'll be doing a video review of this very shortly.

Until then check out www.wilsoneffects.com

2. Doodles

Doodles Member

I'll second that on the quack factor. The bass and gain response is great also. I went ahead and picked up one of the other style of wah he makes the qwah and was quite impressed with that also. It's good to have some new blood in the market. Would love to see the video when you get it up.

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Very cool Jack ... have been hearing good things about this pedal ...

4. jzucker

I'm going to pick up a Q-wah as well. The thing about this wah that's cool is that it works great for humbuckers or single coils and on any pickup combination. Some of the vintage wahs are weaker with certain pickups and pickup combinations. The quack is incredible on it.

5. raginghonkies

raginghonkies Member

I'm waiting for mine , should be there soon now ! :) Does it work nice with humbuckers ?

6. jzucker

That's one of the best things about it. You can tune it to work with any pickups. Sounds great with my 339.

7. gravy

gravy Member

anyone try one with fuzz?

8. ahltarocka

ahltarocka Supporting Member

Love my Rippah Q-Wah with my Strat. It is the best Wah I have ever owned. Great for funky chord work and overdriven solos. Kevin is a great guy and believes in Great Customer Service. He will answer emails quickly and have spoken with him on the phone several times.

Rock the Wah:RoCkIn

9. jzucker

I have not. Only overdrive. It sounds fantastic before an ethos, bb pre or ts9. It is fully buffered so it should be fine before or after any fuzz pedal.

10. fugot

fugot Member

my favorite wah without question...rippah q...liked it so much, i ordered a custom rippah q(w/ fish caps). it sounds great toe down-almost totally clean as if it was not turned on. And it makes rich wah sounds!!!!, sweep adjustable...gain/bass adjustable....kevin wilson also makes a great delay.
    just my .002...check things out for your selves. peace

11. Doodles

Doodles Member

My qwah also seems to work quite well with both styles of guitars. I have the 6 position one. I understand he has a 12 position one of each out now. Did you get the 6 or 12 position?
    On another note I think the Qwah is more your standard vintage type of wah sound that you seem to see alot of. It also has alot of quack and comes with the same controls on it as the rippah. The bass and gain are on the inside along with a midrange trimmer. Sweep and Q on the outside. That's on the version I have. I think you can get them with the bass and gain on the outside now. Let me know if you're going to do a video of the qwah also. I would love to check it out.

12. Seegs

Seegs Member

so what's the diff...besides price...between fish caps and the regular ones?

Chow,
    Seegs

13. Doodles

Doodles Member

I dunno. You may want to email Kevin and ask him. I don't own both types so I can't speak on it.

14. gravy

gravy Member

15. fugot

fugot Member

anyone else have one?

16. raginghonkies

raginghonkies Member

Yes , i also have one with the vintage specs and it's KILLER ! i've had about 3,4 RMC for the Last years , and the Last one was the red wizard Wah.
    My Rippah Q wah is AWESOME , it's much more versatile and works with all my guitars ! It can also be VERY VERY vocal :)

17. Python

Python Member

Has anyone A/B'd the Rippah Q with the Area 51? Just curious the difference. From what I've heard, they may be similar in tone.

18. zygleth

zygleth Supporting Member

I have one as well. Wilson is great to deal with. I had an Orion and this puts the Orion to shame. Very tweakable.....

19. fugot

fugot Member

bump from the past

20. ahltarocka

ahltarocka Supporting Member

What are some sample settings that you guys use. For solos and chord work?