• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"Rise Up" - Pat Metheny (KIN 2014) - live performance

AlexPrice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sas9brlwYEk
Performed and recorded during my junior recital at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Back in November, I had seen the Pat Metheny Unity Group as they were on tour in support of their 2014 album "Kin." I bought it at the show and it quickly became one of my favorite albums. In January I decided I want to try my ear at transcribing something from the album. The second track, "Rise Up," was so cool. Folk harmony and a heavy-strummed acoustic guitar mixed with a Fender rhoads sound and the awesome work of Antonio Sanchez on drums made this song so unique. The changing meter and heavy duple implications in a mostly 6/8 feel gave the song such a smooth groove.
Let me know what you think

Trending Topics