Rival Sons - saw em last night

MrTAteMyBalls

Not sure how I missed this band, but I just discovered them last week. Lucky for me they were in Denver last night! Great band!

Great performance, great songs, that singer put on a clinic.....that dude can wail. The guitarist's playing and tone are almost as impressive as his epic mustache.

Full Orange backline for guitar and bass....sounded great, even though the sound guy had the kick drum so loud it made the mix all muddy.

Anyone else catching them on the current tour??

Go see em....they hinted at wanting to tour the states more if thier new record does well here.

crifasta

Gold Supporting Member
Their new album is great. Would see them in heartbeat if they play out east. They have the best singer in rock. Guitarist is TGP's Fuzzbird... maybe he'll chime in.

Paleolith54

Their new album is great. Would see them in heartbeat if they play out east. They have the best singer in rock. Guitarist is TGP's Fuzzbird... maybe he'll chime in.

Many of the self-appointed cognescenti dismiss them as some sort of Led Zep clone, but I don't hear that. I like them a lot.

MrTAteMyBalls

Many of the self-appointed cognescenti dismiss them as some sort of Led Zep clone, but I don't hear that. I like them a lot.

I havent heard the new album yet, but I got pressure and time on monday. They certainly have some Zep influence, but they are doing a lot more than re-hashing those old records. They write some great sing a long hooks, too.

Teleking

Silver Supporting Member
The Zep "sound" is certainly there, but they wouldn't be around unless they had great songs, which they do. Huge fan. They've written some truly great songs. Sadly, I haven't seen them live yet, but they're definitely on my "to do" list.

Mayfield

Gold Supporting Member
Everyone that enjoys rock n roll the way it is meant to be played live, NEEDS to see them!!

Their albums continue to impress and their live shows are some of the best I have seen, no joke!!

Seriously, these guys are the future and yes they give their nods to their past references, but keep it new and fresh.

Paleolith54

Everyone that enjoys rock n roll the way it is meant to be played live, NEEDS to see them!!

Their albums continue to impress and their live shows are some of the best I have seen, no joke!!

Seriously, these guys are the future and yes they give their nods to their past references, but keep it new and fresh.

Yep, I think that's right on.

2HBStrat

It would be great to see bands like Rival Sons, Vintage Trouble, and Blackberry Smoke set some top 40 radio airplay. Could it be that a change of music is in the air? If so, I'm ready.....:dude

MrTAteMyBalls

It would be great to see bands like Rival Sons, Vintage Trouble, and Blackberry Smoke set some top 40 radio airplay. Could it be that a change of music is in the air? If so, I'm ready.....:dude

Just 1 hit from any of these bands and the floodgates will open.

Mayfield

Gold Supporting Member

I so hope you are right!

America is a little slow on the take in reference to your point as far as airplay as they currently have the #1 rock song in Canada and are doing extremely well in Europe as well.

shooto

Silver Supporting Member
I really dig them...but couldn't get out to see them at the Marquis :(

MrTAteMyBalls

I so hope you are right!

America is a little slow on the take in reference to your point as far as airplay as they currently have the #1 rock song in Canada and are doing extremely well in Europe as well.

Good to know. The singer said from stage that they rarely tour the states because there is no support for this kind of music like there is in Europe.

I'm trying to talk them up in my circles as much as possible because I think they have something special going on.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom