Rivera Amps pricing question?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Luke, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Luke

Luke Senior Member

Do Rivera amps sell exclusively for MSRP like Mesa Boogies or is there a discount of any sort? If so, what could one expect to get off MSRP of a new amplifier?

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

They are supposed to sell for MSRP but there are dealers who will sell them for less if you call them.

3. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Buy used! For some reason Rivera's dont hold their value-then they become a great value! Saw a used M-60 in mint looking condition for 600$ recently. Kind of wished I bought it. Bob

4. Whoopysnorp

Whoopysnorp Member

One day I went on eBay and found an R30 combo with a BIN of under $500. By the time I had decided that I wanted it, it was gone.

I think I paid $850 including shipping for my M100 head. Recently a guy had one on CL here for $600! Looked nice in the pictures, and he actually had to post the ad a couple times (I assume he sold it because I haven't seen it in a while). Those amps have great tone, although I don't like how the pots are soldered directly to the PCB like a modern Marshall.

5. untoldguitarist

untoldguitarist Member

I do know that Ebay would be your best bet to buy one if you are wanting to save money. But if you're wanting new then check them out on Musiciansfriend.com