• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rivera Amps

zzmoore

I do not have, or know anything about Rivera's. I went to their website on a whim. Man-O-Man!! They have an amazing amp demo video section that is truly impressive. Rivera must have spent a lot of time and effort producing it. If any of you guys are considering a Rivera purchase, or would just like to spend some time watching a few quality amps being played, you should stop by...
http://www.rivera.com/video.php .

02Singlecut

I find my 96 Rivera Knucklehead time and time again my go to amp. It just flat out does what I need. It has great tone for a 2 channel amp and just gets the job done time and time again. The http://www.asharpmusicco.com/ vids are from a freind of mine. Plain and simple.....you want tone....long life and worry free amps = RIVERA!!!!

nitehawk55

I had a 1x12 Fandango I really liked but it was just a bit too loud for at home use . Tough reliable amps !

Brien

Rivera might top my list of most overrated amps. Never liked them-tried 4-5 different models. YMMV

zekmoe

Gold Supporting Member
I have a K55 which has been my favorite lately. I'm still finding sounds I like, and they always work well in band situations. Plus the EQ really works. Put the bass on 10 and it's bassy, not just "non-ear-piercing" like some amps. I've had some that needed bass on 10 and treble on 0 to sound good.

I've been interested in Riveras, but in those videos I don't hear a lot of distinction among the different models. Maybe it is just my computer's sound card/speaker setup that stinks. Anyway, b/c of that, I never know where to start with 'em.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
Some nice tones but I find Rivera's don't sound organic enough for my taste.
Different strokes, I suppose. My Decatone didn't last long after I got my Rake. I must admit that there are times when I miss that wonderful lead tone but overall it became expendable.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
I've been interested in Riveras, but in those videos I don't hear a lot of distinction among the different models. Maybe it is just my computer's sound card/speaker setup that stinks. Anyway, b/c of that, I never know where to start with 'em.
Many of them are variations on a theme (Fendery clean channel, Marshallesque overdrive). The main differences are the amount of gain on the OD channel, FX loop setup, and power tube type. The "K" models (KH, KH Reverb, K-Tre) have more gain on the drive channel and a much more modern style of overdrive.

Miles

Some nice tones but I find Rivera's don't sound organic enough for my taste.
Well, if you think soldanos do sound organic, then I don't understand your taste.

Riveras are very cool amps, I owned a chubster for 7 months and found it to be useful. The reason I sold it was because I couldn't get enough cut out of the clean without making the drive channel too fizzy.

They have a lot of useful features and are built very well, but the only one that catches my attention right now is their new Venus series.

JohnnyL

Different strokes, I suppose. My Decatone didn't last long after I got my Rake. I must admit that there are times when I miss that wonderful lead tone but overall it became expendable.
I passed on a Decatone after I demoed the Rivera. I really wanted the Soldano but it was lacking something for me. In hindsight, I should have bought it and at least tinkered with it...Oh well. I love my Rivera KHR55/ EL34s and K212 loaded with a Red Fang and Governor. I play mostly classic rock with it but it can do a lot more!

Good Luck,

Johnny

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
I havent been able to get along with my Chubster since I bought it over a year ago. Tried the usual -tubes,speakers etc. A G12H-30 and some NOS tubes helped but I feel like Im always fighting to get my tone. Ironicaly its also very boxy sounding even with its oversized(for Rivera)cab unless I crank it up loud. Unfortunately it mostly collects dust. :( Bob

timkermans

I once bought a Rivera M60 head + 2x10inch cab, but sold it to pay the bills. Now I pay bils with playing music, so I just bought the same amp (combo 1x12inch) again......

Rivera, Gotta love it, It's defenetly not plug and play. It makes you work on your tone!!

Jeremy

I've had my KR100 for a few months now and absolutely love it! Loud, articulate and great tone!! They are one of the best built amps out there!!

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
My Hundred Duo 12 is the one amp that I have that can do any gig. I have a Mesa Single Recto w/VHT 4x12, an Alpha & Omega David and a Savage Macht 12x but the Riv is a keeper because it's my Swiss Army knife and it sounds really good...maybe not the absolute best but very good!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom