Rivera K-212 vs. Lopoline Cab 212, your opinions please.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by dmczern, Feb 6, 2008.

1. dmczern

dmczern Member

I need another 212 cab for my Rivera S120 set up. I have the QC212 currently and want to run a true stereo rig. I found this Rivera Cab on Ebay, would be perfect, but a little pricey. Other option is to have Lopoline build me a similar cab. If I were to go for the Rivera, is the $200 price difference worth it. Links below....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=300195496166&Category=10171&_trksid=p3907.m29

cost, approx $580 with shipping if I were to "win" it....and no one buys it first....like one of you guys :)

http://www.lopoline.com/catalog/item/4254823/4659400.htm

$393 with shipping, same Celestion Vintage 30's. Cab would have a removable back, like the Rivera

Thanks TGP'rs

2. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

I'm quite happy with my Rivera K212s and highly recommend them. but the one you linked to on eBay is overpriced. I picked up two of them on separate occasions for $300 each.

Save your search as a favorite and wait for a favorable listing...that's what I did and I couldn't be happier with the cabs or the price.

[​IMG]

3. chaz

chaz Member

Don't have any first-hand knowledge of the Lopoline cab, but the Rivera cabs are very good. That one is overpriced though! Be patient, they do come up from time to time at much more reasonable prices. It'll be worth the wait IMO.

4. dumeril7

dumeril7 Member

The Lopoline cabs look great and the prices are incredible. But the one thing I don't like about them is that they use dado joints instead of finger or dovetails, which are a lot stronger albeit more difficult (expensive) to do. I would probably be cool with that for a 1x12, but not for anything bigger. All IMO of course.

D7

5. dmczern

dmczern Member

Thanks so much for the replies.

My hunch was right I guess, that the Rivera on ebay
    was overpriced. I think I have enough patience in
    me to wait it out. I know the things are built like tanks,
    and I would be most happy if I could score one for $300.
    That's actually what I paid for my QC-212, and that thing
    ROCKS !!