Rivera knucklehead... Please help me.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by toolshed, Feb 18, 2009.

1. toolshed

toolshed Member

I have a rivera knucklehead k-100 head on a marshall jcm800 1960 cab.... I was jamming tonight and heard a pop.... I looked over and the amp shut off. I then smelled some electrical smoke, and checked the main fuse and then a fuse that was right next to it.... both were completly fine. I waited and tried to turn it own again and nothing...... It won't come on.... anyone got any ideas? any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

maybe the amp is ok and you tripped a breaker in your power bar or house system. If its not something simple like that, and you aren't comfortable poking around with a multi-meter you should probably bring it in to competent tech. Do any of the tubes inside or the light on the power switch light up?

3. toolshed

toolshed Member

i am certain it's not the plug... i tried another one. and the burning electrial smell worries me too..... does that sound like it might be a transformer?

4. vrdyer

vrdyer Silver Supporting Member

Rivera has great customer service. Give them a call. You might get Paul Sr on the phone?

5. toolshed

toolshed Member

no tubes light up and the light doesn't come one either..... it doesn't do anything.... :worried

6. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Holy crap man..sorry to hear it.

Bump to get a great guy some help.

7. toolshed

toolshed Member

hey man.... thanks for the help...... ill be seeing you next week.... gotta go back to work.... back surgery vacation is over!!!

THIS JUST IN.................................
    HEY GUYS THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE REPLIED..... here is the latest....

I went back to the rehersal space today and noticed in fact that the main fuse was blown (after placing it on a meter)..... when i replaced it and turned it on, i noticed that one ofthe outer tubes was not glowing...... i think i might have found the problem. so i had an idea. I was reading online where some people pull two tubes on their amps to make the 100watt amps 50 watt amps so they can hit the sweet spot better. From what i read, they pull the outer two tubes....... any ideas or should i just order 4 jj el34s?

8. freaksho

freaksho Member

that's a good sign. i would def pull out the bad tube and it's matching tube and see if everything is ok, if it is then it was just a blown tube that caused everything. that or replace the dead tube with a good one and see if everything is ok.