Rivera Power Drop

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by davidm, Aug 30, 2006.

1. davidm

davidm Member

Greetings,

I have a Rivera Quiana Studio that purchased new a little over a year ago, which suffers from power drops and a distorted-sounding clean channel. I've re-tubed (preamp tubes are GT-12AX7Ms and power tubes are Sovtek WXTs), but the problem persists. It's gotten a clean bill of health each time it's been checked out both by my tech as well as the dealer.

I'm new to this page--any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave

2. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

have you checked and set the bias per rivera instructions? it's is definitely worth doing to get the most out of your rivera.

3. ungarn

ungarn Member

Hmmmm...have the caps checked...

4. davidm

davidm Member

Hopefully I'm responding correctly--I'm new here. Paul Rivera verified the 35mA bias setting was ok. A tech Rivera did mentioned caps, but felt that sort of problem was prone to older amps, whereas this amp is only a year old. Maybe he's incorrect?

5. Padsy9

Padsy9 Member

Are you sure it's the amp? Check everything else in your chain- could be something real basic and non-amp related you're just overlooking.

6. plagtr2

plagtr2 Silver Supporting Member

I used to have a K100 Knucklehead that required a trip to Rivera for repair. Because of the nature of the problem (bad solder joint) and the inconsistency of the problem, they had it on the bench for a week before the problem was nailed down. Call Rivera & see what they say. They fixed mine (out of warranty) for FREE + return freight. Class folks at Rivera!