Rivera R55 112 Retubing Help

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by 123bodge, Jan 17, 2015.

1. 123bodge

123bodge Member

Hi,

My Rivera R55 112 is due due for a Re-Tube, I have read some posts by very knowledgeable Rivera users on this site, can one of one please tell me if the Tube selection on Ebay (below) is a good choice, I've read Rivera recommend Chinese Pre tubes?

Amplifier/Receiver Manufacturer:

RIVERA

Model:

R-55

Description:

50 watt amp

Amp Bias Type:

Adjust if needed after install. Most of the time our matched power tube sets do not need to have the bias readjusted if it was set properly with the prior set of tubes.

Tube Quantity in ( )

Rectifier Tubes:

none

Preamp Tubes (matched):

12AX7/ECC83 (5) - JJ/EHX/Tungsol with matched and balanced sections for rich and creamy tones.

Power Amp/Driver Tubes (matched):

EL34 (2) - Valve Art/JJ/Russian matched quad

Total Tubes in this set:

Thanks Guru's

2. schmidlin

schmidlin Member

I can't comment on the quality of the tubes, but the seller is very clueless. I've highlighted some red flags. Best of luck.

3. 123bodge

123bodge Member

Thanks for the critique

4. BluntForceTrauma

BluntForceTrauma Member

I like the Valve Art EL34B's I get from tubesandmore.com for $24 a pair. Great sounding sturdy tube.

5. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

i use nos pre and power tube sin my knucklehead '55 so i can't really comment on what the seller is offering. i will say that i have had great results with most current production preamp tubes. i would try mike at kca nos tubes and eurotubes for other options. make sure to check and set the bias when you change power tubes. it is pretty easy to do but you have to take all of the usual cautions when working inside a tube amp.