Rivera R55

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Srvwannab, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Srvwannab

Srvwannab Silver Supporting Member

I've got a Checkerboard R55 that was formerly owned by Rick Nielsen. I plugged it in tonight for the first time in a long time- and the thing is just magical. The "British" channel is absolutely wonderful- plenty of punch and it has this creamy Marshall tone for days. Then, on the "American" channel you've got wonderful cleans that just shimmer.

I don't see a ton of them around, but I think these Rivera's are absolutely amazing.

There, I'm done. :)

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Rivera makes great amps, I have a Fandango. Enjoy.

3. doublescale1

doublescale1 FSR Tele Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    I have a Sedona 55 that I use for both electric and acoustic that its designed for, great all around amp - had a Jake Combo that I never should have sold. Top shelf stuff from Rivera and very nice people to deal with.

4. PFunk

PFunk Member

A Rake 55 user here. Of the two previous ones that I carelessly sold, this one's the best of the three and not going anywhere.

5. teefus

teefus Silver Supporting Member

my knucklehead '55 head is definitely a keeper. i have owned 3-4 other riveras over the years and they were all great.

6. Zeegler

Zeegler Member

My Knucklehead II is my favourite amp, and I'm currently looking for something more portable like a Clubster 45 or Chubster 40.

I can't believe that Riveras aren't more popular.

7. the tourist

the tourist Member

One of my biggest mistakes was letting a Rivera combo go because of the weight and a broken footswitch instead of spending money converting it to a head and cab and getting a new footswitch. Same with a 2001 Vox AC30TBX.

8. 6StringStrummer

6StringStrummer Silver Supporting Member

I have a Rivera Duo Twelve R100 which is a great amp. Great amp for fender clean/marshall crunch in one package. What speaker does your Checkerboard R55 have?