Rivera Venus 6 vs. Carr Slant 6V

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wrxplayer, Jan 23, 2012.

1. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

Anybody played both of these enough to share a comparative opinion. I've played the Carr a lot and love it. Wondering if the Rivera's its equal and where and how they differ.

2. mcbprs

mcbprs Member

I have both and the Carr wins hands down IMHO, not that the Venus 6 is a bad amp but the Carr is outstanding. The boosts on the Venus are too large to be used as a solo boost but if you spend time with the amp it has some great tones (the combo is very very heavy). The Carr has amazing clean tones (think the best Fender you have ever heard and then some) its drive channel can be tweaked to give Marshall to almost Dumble like tones and it has a usable boost which increases the drive/thickens the sound quite a bit and the volume slightly. So as in most things its a case of what you want from your amp and how much you want to spend, guess you need to try them to see what suits you.

3. mcbprs

mcbprs Member

I have both and the Carr wins hands down IMHO, not that the Venus 6 is a bad amp but the Carr is outstanding. The boosts on the Venus are too large to be used as a solo boost but if you spend time with the amp it has some great tones (the combo is very very heavy). The Carr has amazing clean tones (think the best Fender you have ever heard and then some) its drive channel can be tweaked to give Marshall to almost Dumble like tones and it has a usable boost which increases the drive/thickens the sound quite a bit and the volume slightly. So as in most things its a case of what you want from your amp and how much you want to spend, guess you need to try them to see what suits you.