Rivolta Regata VII - new semi-hollow body

Switters

Popped up in my Insta feed.

I am loving the look of these things -

I will take a black one with gold hardware. Yes.

Toro_550x825.jpg

Look at that bat-wing!

Right on.

Simto

Love the headstock. Dennis has such a good eye for design and really knows how to blend different aspects to make it look like something "that could have been"

Also very happy to see a 6-on-the-side headstock in the Rivolta line. My dream is to have that and a vibrato on a Mondata baritone :)

Reactions: Rod

LAC

That’s a bit nice. Priced at a similar level to Eastman over here in Aus... will be interesting to see how they do. With no local stockists, I guess I’ll start my long wait to see one in the wild.

Reactions: Rod

Bobo Fret

Whatchyou lookin' at?
I do now.

I pulled the trigger not long after my post above. I really like it! The build quality is very good and it plays/sounds great. That being said, I didn't care for the OEM pickups at all. I slapped a set of Mr. Fabulous Sunernatural pickups I had around and now it kills.

Apparently mine was the first with a vibrato. I'm glad I asked about it as an option.

Not to be overly shallow, but I really dig the way it looks too!

Not sure what else to say. I was in the market for a 335-ish guitar but didn't want to drop a bunch of coin on a real one. Almost went for a Starcaster, but Rivolta is a tad shorter scale length, which I wanted. Mission accomplished!

IMG_5812.jpeg

IMG_5813.jpeg

I do now.

I pulled the trigger not long after my post above. I really like it! The build quality is very good and it plays/sounds great. That being said, I didn't care for the OEM pickups at all. I slapped a set of Mr. Fabulous Sunernatural pickups I had around and now it kills.

Apparently mine was the first with a vibrato. I'm glad I asked about it as an option.

Not to be overly shallow, but I really dig the way it looks too!

Not sure what else to say. I was in the market for a 335-ish guitar but didn't want to drop a bunch of coin on a real one. Almost went for a Starcaster, but Rivolta is a tad shorter scale length, which I wanted. Mission accomplished!

View attachment 516515

View attachment 516516
Looks gorgeous! How does the 25” fretboard feel compared to a 25.5”? I’ve only played some 24.75” LPs and I’m not a huge fan

jwguitar

Popped up in my Insta feed.

I am loving the look of these things -

I will take a black one with gold hardware. Yes.

Toro_550x825.jpg

Look at that bat-wing!

Right on.
The Rivolta guitars are some of the nicest looking hollow bodies in my opinion. If you have had the pleasure of playing an Eastwood guitar, these guitars are right up there in terms of high quality.

Balinus

Looks gorgeous! How does the 25” fretboard feel compared to a 25.5”? I’ve only played some 24.75” LPs and I’m not a huge fan

Same here. I am looking for a semi-hollow, and I'm not sure i want a 24.75 scale. There is also the Harmony Comet that has a 25" scale.

rauchman

Just came across this series. Very intriguing. Hits a lot of buttons for me. Was just looking at Youtube vids of this guitar, and one thing that was mentioned was the balance, in that there are no issues with the neck wanting to drop.

I have a Gibson Midtown, which suffers a bit from tuning stability and neck drop. This looks like a potential replacement.

Bobo Fret

Whatchyou lookin' at?
I hadn't noticed any neck dive. I can't imagine it would be enough to matter, but maybe the trem on mine makes a difference weight-wise??? Honestly seems the same as a 335 to me.

Pardon me if everything I'm about to say is wrong, but this is the same guy that is or was behind Novo, right? Is Rivolta the more price-sane counterpart to Novo, or has Dennis F. just moved on?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom