RJM Music Technology...experience to share?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by eflatminor, Feb 15, 2015.

1. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

Been researching switching systems/midi foot controllers for some time. I'm thinking the RJM Effect Gizmo switching system...

[​IMG]

and their companion controller pedal, the Mastermind GT is right for me:

[​IMG]

Before I pull the trigger, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with these products. Would love to hear your feedback, good or bad.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. theroan

theroan Member

I bought their Mini Amp Gizmo. Works flawlessly, their customer service is fantastic. I have no reservations recommending their products. It's no secret why many pros are switching over to RJM.

3. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

Good to hear, thanks.

4. ifailedshapes

ifailedshapes Member

They operate with the mindset of an American small business, meaning they truly care about their customers.

pima1234 likes this.
  5. eflatminor

eflatminor Member

That's REALLY good to hear!

6. stilwel

stilwel Member

RJM makes great products. I had one of the smaller Mastermind pedals that was just fantastic. These newer large format controllers really look amazing.

That said...you should also take a look at the new HEX audio switchers from Voodoo Lab. It offers 6 relay-based audio loops in a 1/2 rack format. They are VERY reasonably priced at $299. You can put 2 of them together on their custom rack shelf for 12 loops for about $600.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HexSwitcher

http://www.voodoolab.com/hex_switcher.htm

[​IMG]

And of course they will work with just about any MIDI control pedal out there including their Ground Control Pro.

7. qyetyme

qyetyme Member

I got a mini amp gizmo from RJM a while back. Very good customer service. They accidentally sent me the wrong footswtich cable, and when I let them know, the sent me the correct one asap and didn't ask for the first one back. Also, all emails were replied to very promptly.

8. theroan

theroan Member

Being able to mount one under a pedalboard would be cool.

9. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

A mini effects gizmo has been at the heart of my effects rig for quite a few years now. Never one issue. They pop up from time to time in the emporium for good prices.

Joe