RMC 3 tuning tips?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tejastubes, May 11, 2008.

1. tejastubes

tejastubes Member

I have a brand new RMC 3 I have only used it three or four times,,,I have tried to tune it, but I have not unlocked its greatness,,,I have to rock it so far forward to get it to start to wah,,,it seems the sweep is a very narrow and I would like it to start sooner and be wider,,,any help would be apreciated. Teese was not much help on the phone and said he tunes the RMC3 this way at the factory. I want it to operate more like my Vox Clyde McCoy.

Any help out there? I am thinking of selling it and going back to my Vox if I can't get it right.

2. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I don't think the RMC3 has a suck setting;)
    Did you get the setting sheet with it??

3. tejastubes

tejastubes Member

Yes, I asked Teese to email me the setttings to make it like his picture wah and here was his reply:

"Start with the THOMAS/USA setting from the instructions and add DIPS 1, 2, & 3. Then season to taste."

I just didn't like how far forward I had to rock the pedal in order for it to start changing the sound and then it was such a small range of rocking which altered the sound once you got to that point on the pedal. I want it to encompass more range and be more gradual so it encompasses most of the range of rocking the pedal. I don't know if this setting will change this or not. I will try it later today,,,any input would be great. Joshua

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Try the London setting and tweak from it.. Post back when you do..

5. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

sounds like your Q is down towards 5:00. move it to noon

6. tejastubes

tejastubes Member

No london setting in my manual,,,can you post the settings you have in yours?? Joshua

7. tejastubes

tejastubes Member

So you are saying to roll off the Q from 5 o clock to noon? What does this do?

8. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

that widens the sweep. 5:00 means that the sweep is at the toe. 12 will mean the middle. before 12 will bring the sweep at the heel. PM me and I will send you the settings

9. dspblues

dspblues Silver Supporting Member

Josh,
    How'd you end up on this? I was thinking of getting one.

10. tejastubes

tejastubes Member

I ended up fine and got some great settings from other TGP members, but I actually think the Vox Clyde picture wah I have is just fine for me so I will sell you mine if you want it. It has only been used for a few hours and I have the stompin ground velcro plate and everything.,,,PM me and I will give you the details.

Joshua

11. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

I tried Stu's RMC 3 one day at Fat Sound and it was the fattest coolest wah sound I have ever heard.. i bought one and was never able to duplicate his (shoulda looked at his settings) .. I am now pretty happy with my pic wah