RMC6 Wheels Of Fire

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shngn7, Oct 3, 2008.

1. shngn7

shngn7 Member

I just picked this guy up today and I am very impressed. I went in expecting to get the Picture Wah but ended up with the WOF. The fattest, smoothest sounding wah I have ever heard. Not the best for the wikka wikka stuff but I don't do that very often and it does it well enough for me. The tweakabilty may come in handy too because I am likely to get bored with any piece of gear I own. Props to Mr. Teese! Now maybe there's a chance I could be content with my gear for a while once my Sunface comes in...right...

Anybody else using this?

2. -DC/AC-

-DC/AC- Member

Not using it at the moment, but I want one. I want it ever more after your positive review.

3. JRBain

JRBain Member

Did you compare to the Wizard? I've never tried the WOF - It sounds like a nice pedal...

4. DamageInc.

DamageInc. Active Member

I found it to have to much high end when working with fuzzes and LOADS of noise feedback. I got a Vintage wah mod from George at Pedalworx. That ended my wah search. Simply put its AWESOME! ... (No hands down proclamations today ... soz)

5. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

:nono

6. cheesey

cheesey Member

had an early one great pedal , got an mjm ulysses wah and sold the wof . Both great !

7. Lolaviola

Lolaviola Supporting Member

I just got ahold of an RMC1. I didn't groove with the picture wah, (too barfy, and seemed to distort easily,) but I loooove the RMC1. Have not tried any others. RMC1 works with my fuzzes great.

8. iggs

iggs Member

WOF is on my board right now and is by far my fav wah so far. Love the fat growl and vocal quality of it, plus the sweep is just perfect. The extra options are a plus.

9. -DC/AC-

-DC/AC- Member

Has anyone else had any bad experiences when pairing the WOF with a fuzz pedal?

10. shngn7

shngn7 Member

They didn't have the Wizard in stock. I think that on the website they say that the WOF is a bit brighter on the top end than the Wizard which is good if you have humbuckers. The Wizard supposedly only gets a tad brighter than the dry sound which does not appeal to me. The WOF has nice bright top end if you want it or you can use the low dial to dial them out if you want.

It seems to do exactly what I want with my germanium and silicon fuzzes. No problems so far. If you have the new one with the LOW control you can dial out the highs a little if they are too harsh for you which I could not imagine with this. I am very impressed with this wah.

11. Sadetripod

Sadetripod Member

I got one a few weeks ago. Playing it through my Ampeg VL 1001 it sounds amazing. It has a nice growl to it.

12. iggs

iggs Member

Nope, works great with all my fuzzes ... Hartman BC108, Phoenix Custom Supernova, MJM Foxey, 200lbs ... etc.

Having said that, mine is a new one with the Foxrox buffer inside.