RME vs. MOTU firewire interfaces...

DigitalTube

Silver Supporting Member
Digital tube, what studios do you work in and what market. I work in LA and I have not seen this device in my work and by what you suggest would like to. Who has them? I will be at NAMM so I will look for it but I would much rather rent one and try it. Does Brauer have one?
I'm based in the east coast, maybe someone near you could give you a demo, also you can buy one with a 30 day money back, chances are you won't be able to find one at any store as they can't even keep up with the orders at the present time, check out this forum maybe someone close to you has one and might be willing to let you try it.
http://www.setbb.com/axefx/index.php?mforum=axefx

I'm just a happy user of that unit..

check out this forum...
and the multiple threads in the amps and cabs forum.
heck, i'm even a bit curious and i'm a died in the wool thermionics, wood and wire kinda guy. sure, i have guitar rig and the waves/PRS GTR and use them for 'processed' guitar tracks, but i wouldn't even think of using them for 'representative' sounds. some folks in those threads swear that the sound and feel is good enough to do totally viable 'clones' of various amps or invent ones own peculiar tube amp.
i'm sitting on my ever growing mound of amplifiers until they are rendered worthless by state of the art amp sims. i'm still gonna sit on them 'til folks start and realise that there was something there in the first place. much like hardware synthersizers that were rendered worthless because of soft synths and then folks started to buy up loads of hardware for super cheap and make records w/ the hardware stuff, thereby creating demand.
anybody wanna buy some totally rad wax cylinders?

*edit.
i'm curious to to how many folks get the 'wax cylinder' reference.

52ftbuddha

I have to say that I will use what ever gets the job done. Heck I will used sounds that I didn't like but sold the work. In all though It has to give an ROI. I was that guy with the JP8 and TB303 and I can safely say that their popularity bought a few nice guitars that will not go down in value.

Nomadgtr

I'm based in the east coast, maybe someone near you could give you a demo, also you can buy one with a 30 day money back, chances are you won't be able to find one at any store as they can't even keep up with the orders at the present time, check out this forum maybe someone close to you has one and might be willing to let you try it.
http://www.setbb.com/axefx/index.php?mforum=axefx

I'm just a happy user of that unit..
Also check out the threads over at the Huge Racks Forum. Lots of happy users over there.

Trending Topics