Road Runner Gig Bag - BUYER BEWARE!!

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I just bought one of these new from GC for $40 and the first time I unzipped it the seams on the bug pouch gave way. I can pull the whole pouch off completely with two fingers. I bought the Acoustic "higher end" one for my Breedlove. The bag is so shallow that I doubt it would fit a normal sized acoustic and even the carry straps are placed in such a way as they make you have to unzip the back pouch to use them and they make the case sit so high that you will surely be banging your headstock into all mannner of things. I use gig bags every day I thought I would treat myeself to a new on but this thing is TOTAL CRAP. Buyer beware!!!

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....r-Roadster-Acoustic-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=543023

anything road runner is fail. it's GC's brand and nothing with that fake captain america symbol will last at all

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I should have known. It looks so nice on the surface. Very disappointing. :(

bsuite

Silver Supporting Member
Ya, but some kid somewhere is probably living high on th hog with a bowl of rice now.

oxtone

The best gig bag I know of is the one Mesa Boogie makes. I've had three of them in 25 years, and they are spacious with lot's of pockets. It's made out of heavy canvas, and holds up a good, long time.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
Yeah I have a couple of real nice Levi and Kaces bags. Maybe I just need to break down and buy me a double Mono or Reunion or something along those lines. We'll see. First I need to get this refunded or whatever.

localmotion411

Platinum Supporting Member
You pay for what you get. I've got a great inCase double bag (no longer made for some reason) that was like $250 new, and worth every penny. For $50, I would have to assume upon purchase that the bag would be ill constructed and cause me a lot of hassle.

If it's $50 and seems too good (read: cheap) to be true, it probably is.

1fastdog

I just bought one of these new from GC for $40 and the first time I unzipped it the seams on the bug pouch gave way. I can pull the whole pouch off completely with two fingers. I bought the Acoustic "higher end" one for my Breedlove. The bag is so shallow that I doubt it would fit a normal sized acoustic and even the carry straps are placed in such a way as they make you have to unzip the back pouch to use them and they make the case sit so high that you will surely be banging your headstock into all mannner of things. I use gig bags every day I thought I would treat myeself to a new on but this thing is TOTAL CRAP. Buyer beware!!!

http://accessories.musiciansfriend....r-Roadster-Acoustic-Guitar-Gig-Bag?sku=543023
With all due respect. In an economy that justifies $2,000 Marshall 18 watters, $4K Les Paul "mid line" offerings. and $200+ decent effects pedals.... what posessed you to believe anything worth a **** to cover a guitar was going to happen at $40 retail?:jo It's the equilavent of a 4 dollar guitar case.

78deluxe

With all due respect. In an economy that justifies $2,000 Marshall 18 watters, $4K Les Paul "mid line" offerings. and $200+ decent effects pedals.... what posessed you to believe anything worth a **** to cover a guitar was going to happen at $40 retail?:jo It's the equilavent of a 4 dollar guitar case.

The worth of the products you listed seem to be tied up in either marketing or handmade boutique items.

As a long time Marshall and Gibson owner, they are both pricing based on brand recognition at this point.

And decent effects at $200+, really? Some of my boutique effects cost less than that.

The case he linked had an MSRP of $70, and the OP got a street price of $40. Now I know that is towards the low end of what is available, but its not like you can't get a decent quality case around that price. Proof:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/Hard-Shell-Cases_c_164.html

Trending Topics