• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"Road Worn" Fenders.......anyone tried them yet?

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
I know I know........relic stuff yada yada BUT.........dang it. That sb Strat looks damned good!
:boxer

Trainwreck

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 3 Tone Sunburst and will be getting the Olympic White Strat when it hits my local shop...Killer Tone and Vintage feel...I love it...:AOK

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
I have the 3 Tone Sunburst and will be getting the Olympic White Strat when it hits my local shop...Killer Tone and Vintage feel...I love it...:AOK
Man, I have NOT been tempted in a very long time but I am now.
How's the weight on these? My biggest concern.
I like my Fenders real lite/light.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
I unexpectedly bought a RW 50's Tele last week.

7.2 pounds.

Compares very favorably to a Relic.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
Do a search there are quite a few threads on them. People who have bought them (and found the 'good' ones) love em. I love mine, one of the best Strats I have ever played. Mine weighs 6lbs 10oz (IIRC).

diego

I was surprised... tried six of them and three were below seven. The other three were kinda heavy.

Timmo

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the opinions guys.
I'm gonna check them out for sure!

benjammin420

everyone ive played made me want to bring it home, which i cant say about any other model theyve released in the past few years. but i have a gut feeling theyre making them awesome now, but quality will drop as demand rises. if you want one buy one now (i want one bad, but im one payment away from paying off the classic player i got last year, wish someone told me the Road Worns were on there way)

ESPLTD200FM

I am absolutely in love with my '60's Oly White Strat. It is amazing, and I have a hard time putting it down. I played one of the 50's Maple Burst Strats today at the store and it felt and looked fantastic. I damn near had to buy it too. I was never a Fender fan until now.........

XmasTree

i picked up the tele and the oly white strat.
The tele seemed heavy and the strat was mega light.
i don't like strats but i was curious.
they held my interest a little
whatever
:munch

omni

I have the oly white. I like it, The radius is 7 1/4 which kinda sucks.The pups are so so.. It has been a love hate kinda thing for the past 2 months.

Smakutus

I picked up two Strats with rosewood boards and a yellow Tele the other night. The Tele looked cool if you're into relics which I'm not, but didn't play good at all. The action was too high and the guitar was stiff playing.

Are these supposed to be like you had an old guitar refretted? The frets felt bigger on all of them then normal 70's or 60's Fenders I have played, and it also felt like the "refret" wasn't done as good as possible. All the guitars had sharp spots on the edge of the fretboard etc..

Jeff

shane8

get a reg mex plank and drag it down a dirt road behind ur suv for 10 miles = road worn

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
get a reg mex plank and drag it down a dirt road behind ur suv for 10 miles = road worn
The reg mex plank has poly finish though.

The RWs are lacquer. And no poly underneath like the 52 RIs.

The finish is the same as the Relics.

This is an important difference.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member
The reg mex plank has poly finish though.

The RWs are lacquer. And no poly underneath like the 52 RIs.

The finish is the same as the Relics.

This is an important difference.
Right...but then it really would be ROAD worn :rotflmao

buddastrat

Yeah, I think that must make a huge difference Gas-man, because no other MIM strats have that woody, dry tone that these seem to have. I've only played a couple but they had it and lots of others have commented on it. Only other guitars I hear that with are the custom shop ones and real vintage ones of course.

Some guys are saying the Tex Mex pickups sound great. But those pickups have been in other guitars for years and those guitars like the jimmy Vaughan don't sound as good. It's gotta be the wood/finish of the road worns, I guess. You can hear that nice woody tone even acoustically as soon as you pick it up and strum. The pickups just pick that up like they're supposed to.

RickC

a buddy of mine took home a 50's Tele. The action was a little high and there was some relief in the neck, so he went to adjust the truss rod - it was totally loose :eek:. A few turns and the neck dialed right in - straight and low, plays like a dream now.

/rick

Trending Topics