Road Worn Prices

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Bikedude, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

I've seen many posts about local shops selling the "Road Worns" for less than the advertised price of $949. Where are these stores?
    I've only seen the RW's in GC. I would really like to buy one, but as others have said, the price seems steep. I would like to have some "match the price" options for my GC, or find one a little less than the suggested price. Do these stores with the "discounts" sell on-line or are you guys finding them in small mom and pop stores. I would rather buy from a mom and pop store, but I don't have many options in Cleveland, Ohio. Any help around here? Thanks in advance

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

You dont have many options in Cleveland Ohio? I find that hard to believe! Cleveland is a rockin town. There has to be something there somewhere.

Ive been bashing these guitars here on the board because I played 5 or 6 of them at GC. I didnt like them at all. I went to a small guitar shop not far from my local GC and tried a 50s style Tele and really liked it! Felt great in my hands and had a fat neck I like. I would have bought that one if the price was right. These guitars seem to be inconsistant so shop wisely.

3. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

IME GC usually only matches the price of an advertised price. Just go to a small mom and pop and ask them if they can beat it. Might have to order one though.

4. peequin

peequin Member

5. Mark Ray

Mark Ray We're Jammin' Gold Supporting Member

I like the way the RW's look and feel. However, the tech at our local GC (he isn't a GC employee-they let him keep his repair shop there) told me he'd already had to fix 4 of the Teles. They haven't been out very long to have that kind of track record. So as advised above, shop carefully.

Mark

6. ESPLTD200FM

ESPLTD200FM Member

My local store (Grandma's Music and Sound) which is pretty large and actually has a better selection than my local GC has them for $749.

7. masayako

masayako Member

Do you know who I should talk to in order to get such a deal? Also, do I need any reference? Thanks.

8. hank

hank Member

I use that tech and he hates Teles, in general. Great guy ... hates Teles.

9. ESPLTD200FM

ESPLTD200FM Member

That was the price tag on the guitars. Are you from ABQ? The other day I was in there and i didn't see any RW left but Grandma's will always order for you. They kick Guitar Center's ass for prices and service too.....

10. DrumBob

DrumBob Gold Supporting Member

$809 at Ritchie's Music, Rockaway, NJ. They only have a sunburst Tele and Strat in stock right now, but more are coming. Both of them play just fine.

Screw GC and their high prices. Don't shop there. Patronize your independent retailer.

11. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

What did he have to fix?

12. 12guitdown

12guitdown Silver Supporting Member

Any more online stores out there with good prices?

Grandma's Music and Sound for $749.00 is a great price.

13. NHDave

NHDave Supporting Member

14. 12guitdown

12guitdown Silver Supporting Member

Grandma's Music and Sound no longer show an online price for road worn's. Hmmm. Any other stores out there that show a sale price of $750.00?

15. PedalFreak

PedalFreak Supporting Member

No one online will (or can) advertise less than $949. If they did they run the risk of losing their Fender dealership, it would violate the MAP policy.

16. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

Don't care anymore about RW prices, as I bought a "thin skin" AVRI52 for a few $$ more. American made superior guitar to the RW, but the RW made me do it.

17. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Silver Supporting Member

$779 here in Virginia.