Rob and the Captain take on the Zoom G3Xn

jageya

again with the drop d.....every vid he does that...presets sound ok though.....not bad at all....sounds way better then the g5 i had

Last edited:

ShaunOsovs

Why do they not run direct or turn off the amp/cab models? Makes this entire video pointless.
I think they were going for a more likely case use. This product is aimed for the beginner guitarist who probably already has some form of cheap(er) combo in his/her room and wants to add a multifx to practice/jam along with songs. hence, the boss katana and bassbreaker. Most beginner guitar players (and some advanced ones!) have no clue what FRFR is.

Watt McCo

Why do they not run direct or turn off the amp/cab models? Makes this entire video pointless.

If anyone knows how the average buyer of the product is going to use it, its a large music retailer. I'm guessing the average buyer of this product is a kid jamming with a drummer in a garage somewhere, any gig on the horizon for him not being one where going direct to FOH would really be an option.

scook

I think they were going for a more likely case use. This product is aimed for the beginner guitarist who probably already has some form of cheap(er) combo in his/her room and wants to add a multifx to practice/jam along with songs. hence, the boss katana and bassbreaker. Most beginner guitar players (and some advanced ones!) have no clue what FRFR is.
Sure, but the point remains--turn off amp/cab modeling, then, and just show us effects.

ShaunOsovs

Sure, but the point remains--turn off amp/cab modeling, then, and just show us effects.
Those two certainly know the reasoning behind turning off amp/cab modeling, if you watch their Amplifire demo and Kemper stuff, they know when it needs to be turned on/off and have mentioned as much. My best guess is they tried this unit w/o amp/cab modeling and it probably sounded worse.

They try to overly hype every product they make a video about and wouldn't intentionally make it sound bad, I guess is what I'm getting at.

jageya

ok...i watched it 2x....i think it sounded very good how it was used. Why they didnt go direct using the cab sim is very odd and likely an oversight. I have yet to play with one but it "seems" to sound alot better then the g5(had one)

scook

Those two certainly know the reasoning behind turning off amp/cab modeling, if you watch their Amplifire demo and Kemper stuff, they know when it needs to be turned on/off and have mentioned as much. My best guess is they tried this unit w/o amp/cab modeling and it probably sounded worse.

They try to overly hype every product they make a video about and wouldn't intentionally make it sound bad, I guess is what I'm getting at.
Look, I love these guys as much anyone. It's the closest we'll ever get to Top Gear for guitarists. But this sounded like crap, and there's no way it would be worse using just drive and effects.

If anything, they were just trying to not make it too complicated for the beginner.

ShaunOsovs

Look, I love these guys as much anyone. It's the closest we'll ever get to Top Gear for guitarists. But this sounded like crap, and there's no way it would be worse using just drive and effects.

If anything, they were just trying to not make it too complicated for the beginner.

can it separate Amp from cab modeling? B/c if you are going into returns of the amps, then you should have amp modeling on, but cab modeling off. If this product can't separate those two elements, then turning both off would absolutely make it sound worse. If they are running into the front end of both of these amps, then I agree with you wholeheartedly! But both amps have Returns and I just assumed thats what they were using. And if you can just turn cabs off, then I also agree that it would probably sound better.

My only point I was trying to make is that these guys are trying to sell the unit, and I've watched videos where they knew to turn off cab modeling through real amps, so I could only assume that they did not forget this knowledge to purposely make the unit sound worse and that they had a reason for doing so. thats all! :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom