Robben and Dumble expert please

overture2005

I'm wondering which model Robben did pick for the following songs?
Appreciate..

He Don't Play Nothin' But The Blues
The Brother
Talk to Your Daughter
Lateral Climb

johan

Overdrive Special for all of them I guess.
Go to AmpGarage and ask them how to tweak you Overdrive Special for "that" Robben tone.

Flogger59

I was watching the crew clear the stage after a Ford show with a friend. Vintage 335, check! Vintage Tele, Check! Vintage Goldtop, check! Dumble? "Step away from the stage, please!"

Sorry, I couldn't get close enough to say.

Billion81

It'd be a whole lot cooler if you did.
Robben did pick the Dumble Shoulder-Pad 'n' Ponytail Combo.
Yeah- that post Crocket and Tubbs 90's era jacket he was rockin' was a bit triflin. Lord knows I rocked some styles that I don't care to see pop up on facebook.

No doubt- Scott Lerner, Max, Structo and the rest of the TAG crew can tell you what SN amp that is down to the values of each and every cap and resistor etc..Those guys know that stuff cold.

The Bludo Ojai is the circuit that seems to represent the RF sound..

FlyingVBlues

Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah- that post Crocket and Tubbs 90's era jacket he was rockin' was a bit triflin. Lord knows I rocked some styles that I don't care to see pop up on facebook.

No doubt- Scott Lerner, Max, Structo and the rest of the TAG crew can tell you what SN amp that is down to the values of each and every cap and resistor etc..Those guys know that stuff cold.

The Bludo Ojai is the circuit that seems to represent the RF sound..

Scott Lerner and Brandon Mongomery would be the best source of information. Scott has actually played through Robben Ford's amp. He was at Brandon's when Robben was having a Bludo made and Brandon had Robben's Dumble as a reference point to get all of the correct component values and circuit tweaks.

FVB

Jason Carter

Gold Supporting Member
I'm wondering which model Robben did pick for the following songs?
Appreciate..

He Don't Play Nothin' But The Blues
The Brother
Talk to Your Daughter
Lateral Climb
Those particular tones sound like a Non-HRM Dumble circuit to my ears. Robbens amp has been through so many modes over the years, Brandon would be your best source on what could get you in the ball park.

Dave_C

I'm not sure exactly what was used on Lateral Climb, but I do love that tone...and, I really dig his playing on that tune and that whole album. Robben's Dumbles are definitely non-HRM and that factoid might be the only "argument" (more like discussion) with Scott I ever won regarding anything Dumble...or anything tone-related for that matter! :rotflmao ;) Until he actually got into RF's Dumble, he insisted it had to HRM and I swore up and down that it sounded like non-HRM (at least on his late 80's & early 90's records). I couldn't resist, buddy! The student got one right! ;)

That all said, I am interested in what RF used on Truth. Sounds like several different rigs and, certainly, guitars.

Trending Topics