• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Robben Ford, Allan Hinds style progressions

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
Check out Robben's new instructional DVD - The Art of Rhythm Blues Guitar. He demonstrates some great chords, progressions and rhythms

Allen also has a few instructional DVD's too worth checking out .

Check out Robben's new instructional DVD - The Art of Rhythm Blues Guitar. He demonstrates some great chords, progressions and rhythms

Allen also has a few instructional DVD's too worth checking out .
Thanx, I didn't know he had a new dvd out.

ehhmmzzz... a twelve bar blues?
I know Robben plays a lot of blues progressions. I know a few that have the Robben flavor, but sometimes he has this almost Gospel/RN'B type of feel. Allan Hinds has the same thing. I really enjoy that sound. I have figured a few progressions out thats played in this manner, but I was hoping someone could throw down a few more for studying purposes.

Sid

I have Robben's videos, and thought I cannot understand a large part of it ....it definitely nails the area you're interested in...get his stuff....for the RnB kinda progressions...I forgot which video but a large part of it dealt with this....lemme see if i can have a look at the video once i get back home;)

I have Robben's videos, and thought I cannot understand a large part of it ....it definitely nails the area you're interested in...get his stuff....for the RnB kinda progressions...I forgot which video but a large part of it dealt with this....lemme see if i can have a look at the video once i get back home;)
Thanx. sounds good!

Elektrik_SIxx

Check out the progression to 'Revelation'. It has that gospel feel to it. I have it written out somewhere in one of my lesson binders.
Also, I think Robben goes over it in his Blues and Beyond vid.

JimmyD

What are some cool progessions that have a Allan Hinds or Robben Ford type of feel?
There is a Horace Silver tune "The Preacher" which is what you are looking for. This is a fune tune. Progression is;

|F | F7 | Bb7 Bdim | F | F| F | G7 |C 7 |
| F | F7 | Bb7 | A7 | Bb7 Bdim | F D7 | G-7 C7| F |

There is also another Horace Silver tune that I've heard Robben perform called Doodlin'. I forget that one, but maybe someone else will post it.

Have fun,
Jim

Trending Topics