Robben Ford Sahara Moon chord(s) changes...

joebloggs13

Came across this recently and I was just blown away by his tone and playing here. Wondering if anyone mapped out the chord changes? Also interested in what guitar he is using on this track...HB or maybe P90s? I may be wrong but some parts have that hollowbody airiness to it, but that could also be the Dumble. Regardless, it's a fantastic tune with some stellar playing all around. I did a search, and this topic has come up before...but it was a number of years ago....:beer

frdagaa

Silver Supporting Member
Came across this recently and I was just blown away by his tone and playing here. Wondering if anyone mapped out the chord changes? Also interested in what guitar he is using on this track...HB or maybe P90s? I may be wrong but some parts have that hollowbody airiness to it, but that could also be the Dumble. Regardless, it's a fantastic tune with some stellar playing all around. I did a search, and this topic has come up before...but it was a number of years ago....:beer

Yeah, great tune and tones. Sounds like humbuckers to me, but I’m always amazed at the tones that he is able to get out of various guitars. He can get some sweet thinner sounds out of his Les Paul or his Epiphone semi hollow body and a full driving sound out of the tele that, when I first heard it, I never knew came from a tele.

I’m no expert, but this tone sounds to me most like when he was playing the Baker (I think that’s what it was). But I’ve heard him get similar stuff with his Les Paul and with a PRS

joebloggs13

Yeah, great tune and tones. Sounds like humbuckers to me, but I’m always amazed at the tones that he is able to get out of various guitars. He can get some sweet thinner sounds out of his Les Paul or his Epiphone semi hollow body and a full driving sound out of the tele that, when I first heard it, I never knew came from a tele.

I’m no expert, but this tone sounds to me most like when he was playing the Baker (I think that’s what it was). But I’ve heard him get similar stuff with his Les Paul and with a PRS
Yeah...the tones in the intro, that's just....Money, right there....grail tone for sure.

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
Here is a video of a guy on a Les Paul getting a very similar tone. I have heard Robben say on videos that he records through his Dumble, but on the road they generally use Fender DRRI.

zestystrat

Last time I saw him in Atlanta, he was using the Dumble. I think now that he is Nashville, locals shows are gonna get the Dumble. I'm sure it was same when he was on the West coast.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom