Robben Ford Suggestions Please

TheGolfer

Just watched a video of Robben Ford with Lee Anderton and I loved his playing. Never listened to him though and no idea where to start! Any suggestions would be awesome thanks!

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
Live On Ten is probably what I listen to of his the most.

All of the Blue Line stuff is pretty good.

"Into The Sun" and "Bringing It Back Home" are both pretty excellent newer releases.

The Renegade Creation stuff rules. Ford and Landau - Perfection.

TheGolfer

Live On Ten is probably what I listen to of his the most.

All of the Blue Line stuff is pretty good.

"Into The Sun" and "Bringing It Back Home" are both pretty excellent newer releases.

The Renegade Creation stuff rules. Ford and Landau - Perfection.
Thanks for the recommendations! Looks up the Landau album and strangely the album listed on iTunes and Spotify is different to the only album listed on Robbens site? Maybe I'm missing something but the only album I found is called Bullet and the songs listed on his site are all different:jo

tone4days

Silver Supporting Member
i +1 talk to your daughter .... also, i really like the jing chi stuff ... and the yellowjackets '81 self titled debut ... and the blue line ... oh, and inside story too ...

MR.K

I have a lot of his work, I listen to "Blue Moon" the most.

I bought this Album in 1972 after hearing this cut:

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Talk To Your Daughter would probably be the place to start.

My absolute favourite is Tiger Walk. That record is brilliant.

Jing Chi is also equally brilliant if you dig fusion. Wish he would do more Jing Chi, but with the recent news of the move to Nashville it seems he's going in a more songwriter type direction and further away from the fusion stuff.

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the recommendations! Looks up the Landau album and strangely the album listed on iTunes and Spotify is different to the only album listed on Robbens site? Maybe I'm missing something but the only album I found is called Bullet and the songs listed on his site are all different:jo
Well there are two albums - one is called "Renegade Creation", and the other is called "Bullet". Both are on the iTunes store, and comparing the track listing there with what is on the website, I can't see any differences.

Tiger Walk is excellent as well, I forgot to mention that one.

TheGolfer

Well there are two albums - one is called "Renegade Creation", and the other is called "Bullet". Both are on the iTunes store, and comparing the track listing there with what is on the website, I can't see any differences.

Tiger Walk is excellent as well, I forgot to mention that one.
Appears only bullet is available in iTunes Store for where I live! When I googled renegade creation only one album seemed to be linked to Robbens website.. That's where I was thrown off! Will have to try Amazon!

Buzzard Luck

Jing Chi was my introduction. Those first 2 are still my favorites, but the blue line/mystic/handful era stuff certainly has plenty of perhaps his most stunning solos and tones.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
This track isn't on a RF record, it's on a Ford Bros record, but have a listen. Seriously..................how good is that playing ;).

Trending Topics