Robben rocked the State Theatre last night!!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by eddie101, Feb 19, 2009.

1. eddie101

eddie101 Silver Supporting Member

It was probably one of the better shows by Robben although I missed his "Sakashta LP tone" as he was on his '60 tele all night which sounded great, btw - very thick/fat for a tele and he was using a Super Reverb along with some boutique amp which I can't recall. Jorma had his moments but I really dug Ruthie Foster; man, can she sing! IMO, she is just as good as any that I heard, if not better. Each did his/her set and they all joined on the stage for the last set. For encore, they did a couple of Bob Dylan tunes; "Gotta serve somebody" and "don't think twice, it is all right" - w/o drummer and bass - and they were killer. Robben's licks could not have been sweeter and as a consummate professional, he had no problem sharing the stage and let others shone.

Does anyone know where I can find any recordings of them together, especially those Dylan tunes? I have some RF's stuff that I can trade you for. ;)

2. TNJ

TNJ Gold Supporting Member

Where you at?

s.
    j

3. Uniphasian

Uniphasian Member

4. parker

parker Member

5. parker

parker Member

This probably belongs in the amp section, but I'm dying to try out a KR12, sounds pretty amazing!! Lucky you..:BEER

6. It's Time!

It's Time! Senior Member

Maybe Louis Electric will come out with a Robben Ford amp :BEER

7. eddie101

8. parker

parker Member

After watching that "souncheck" clip I feel that I'm always blown away by his innate sense of time and feel, it's always so free and yet "tight" seriously deadly player...

9. eddie101

Well, perhaps I'm in the minority but IMNSHO, the rhythm section was nice/tight and sounded better than the previous section with Travis Carlton. I thought Carlton played too many notes for a bass player whereas "the other guy" - jeez, I forget his name :huh - played very effectively w/LESS notes as any good bass player would.

Btw, I wonder how many TGPers were there at the show last night?