Robbie McIntosh

Simto

I think he's a great player, you should also check out this song from his band

I think it's a great song, sounds like something i canøt quite put my finger on, but it's great!

Lamont

Robbie on the Pretenders Get Close is some of my favorite stuff. The hit songs are cool, but the other songs just hit me !!

thetower07

Saw him last week on tour with John Mayer. I know he's an awesome player but Mayer, who is amazing in his own right, sort of under-used him. Its good exposure for Robbie's solo stuff though.

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
I was just watching him performing with Norah Jones (check out hulu.com, there are a few full length shows!) and noticed he's using the same Matchless amp with her as he's recently been using with JM.

I love his work with Ms. Jones...he's definitely one of the top "play for the song" type players. I dig that!

GuitarDude

I have been a fan for years! Love his playing. He's one of those guys who is incredibly sneaky good, if that makes any sense. He's definitely a guitar players guitar player. Reserved when he has to be, but can let it rip when needed. Key word being when needed. Amazing slide player and finger style player as well.

I'm still processing his latest solo album, Emotional Bends. His slide work and groove on Hang Me on The Line is just perfect. Talk about tone!

More recently I've seen him playing Duesenburgs. When I saw him with John Mayer a few weeks ago he really only played 3 guitars... Duesenburg C.C. and a Double Cat as well as a Les Paul. He usually plays a Matchless, a fender or a marshall. This tour he's using something different, head and cab style. I could not I.D. the amp. Does anybody have any idea?

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member
I love Robbie's playing on the Pretenders song " Middle Of The Road ".
I kind of felt sorry for him having to fill the late James Honeyman Scott's
shoes,but he was more than up to the task.

:phones

lanny

I've been trying to nail that solo for 25 years..always ends up a trainwreck..
I love Robbie's playing on the Pretenders song " Middle Of The Road ".
I kind of felt sorry for him having to fill the late James Honeyman Scott's
shoes,but he was more than up to the task.

:phones

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I got to see him with McCartney in 89... he was freakin' awesome, just nailed the "Maybe I'm Amazed" solo and made it his own. I've always loved his playing, whether it be in The Pretenders, w/ PM or with JM. I would imagine the guy has tons and tone of gear from all the stuff he's done, not to mention a lot of touring money too!

ahardmark

I'm having problems with Flash on my computer, so apologies if these were included in the first post, but these are a couple of my favorite videos of Robbie. Truly one of the finest guitarists around.

Passenger84

Silver Supporting Member
I think he's great...one of the more 'tasteful' lead guys out there. I think Mayer probably dos under-use him, but when I saw them play together, they did a jaw-dropping duet jam on the Slow Dancing theme. Really cool stuff.

Cuthbert

Remember tgpers, he played the outro solo on Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" one of the most faceripping solos of all time.

Trending Topics