Robbin Crosby ~ General Biography

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Kallie, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Wyatt Martin

Wyatt Martin Member

Same here with Dancing being my first Ratt album. I heard Slip of the Lip on the radio and was hooked. Saved up some money and sent off for the Warren DeMartini Learn To Burn ripoff lol. I quickly bought up the EP, Cellar and Invasion.

Anxiously awaited Reach For The Sky.... It went thud at the time. Way Cool Jr had to be a left over from Areosmith's Permanent Vacation.

I bought Detonator the day SRV died. When I put it on and heard Shame Shame Shame I thought I was in for a great album. It was better than Reach at least. Then they started having issues with Robbin. They were supposed to be in concert in KC in '91 with Motley Crue headlining and Ratt with Lita Ford opening and I had tix. Ultimate line-up in my opinion. Next thing I knew Ratt dropped out and the tour picked up Bonham. I sold my tix because it was only Ratt I wanted to see. So my guess is that is about the time Robbin was let go or something.

Reach is a better album for me today than it was in the late 80s. When there is nothing on the radio that compete with it its really not bad.

A lot of hardcore Ratt fans thought Dancing was weak also but I didn't see it that way.

Technica and freedom's door like this.
  2. Schafrocks

Schafrocks Supporting Member

I saw Ratt, Blackfoot and Mamma’s Boys when Ratt was still touring Out of the Cellar. It was kind of a weird deal because they only used half of the Southern Illinois University arena for the show. Good thing was they sounded great and every seat was good. Saw them not long after that when Invasion came out and they opened for Bon Jovi. Or, vice versus. It’s been so long I can’t remember. Lol. Great show again. They had stacks of Laneys for that show. Not sure if they actually used them.

Technica likes this.
  3. Technica

Technica Member

I felt Dancing Undercover was okay, but not great. It definitely had a different sound and style than Invasion. I remember Reach For The Sky most vividly because I was in jr. high school at the time I began listening to it. My older brother gave it to me so I kept that in my walkman. My personal favorite is probably a close call between Cellar and Invasion. Out Of The Cellar definitely had more energy and was less polished than Invasion, which I liked. I liked Detonator, but it was very clearly a different work and had the most pop-oriented sound of all of them. And we all know, by then Robbin’s contributions and influence in Ratt was nearly absent, and the music reflected that. All things considered with the things Ratt was dealing with at that time, I think Detonator was a good effort.

freedom's door likes this.
  4. Technica

Technica Member

I read Stephen Pearcy's book, which was pretty good. Bobby Blotzer's book was awful.

5. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

We need to start a petition, movement, or something to bring kallie back.

67blackcherry and andybaylor like this.
  6. sahhas

sahhas Supporting Member

just looked up a couple of his guitars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i'm not a huge firebird fan, but these guitars are kind of cool....It would be interesting if someone would do a book about his life and the debauchery of the 80s glam metal bands...

Technica likes this.