Robert Cray MIM Strat-your opinion-buy it?

pedalbored

My local Music Go Round has a Robert Cray MIM Strat for $499. Looks good, plays good. Should it be considered for purchase? What's your views on the guitar? Blue finish with a rosewood neck and a deluxe bag.

stuco

That is one of the best production strat models IMO. The pickups are fantastic, and they have a nice neck shape.

voojo

I had one and sold it and I wish I had it back. Great guitar for the money and great neck! I'd pick it up for sure.

DRS

I had one that I gave to my son-in-law as a gift. I like it better than the American Standard Strats I've played. Fat neck, 9.5"radius, killer pick-ups.

gmann

If it plays and sounds good then it is good. Really hard to beat that price. Hardtails are very cool guitars.

screamtone

Gold Supporting Member
I guess I'm the odd man out, here. I worked at a Fender dealer when these first came out, and I bought the first one we got in the shop without plugging it in. Took it to a gig and it sounded horrible compared to my other strats. Not sure if it was the pickups, or the hardtail thing, but I just couldn't use it. I sold it the following week.

Seems like a fair price, if you like it. It didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Matt L

Had the same experience with a Jimmie Vaughan Strat. My Squiers kicked its ass......

joeburke

$499 is a good deal for that guitar. The color is actually a really deep purplish color though, not really blue. Don't get me wrong, I think it looks good, but just be aware...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom