Robert Plant and Jimmy Fallon

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I personally consider jimmy fallon to be the most talented and charming late night host ever.

dmr34

he did something similar with billy joel. briliant!
Here's my question? Does Robert Plant know about this in advance?
Any rehearsal?

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
he did something similar with billy joel. briliant!
Here's my question? Does Robert Plant know about this in advance?
Any rehearsal?
yes.
everything you see on the Tonight Show is rehearsed.
they do a blocking/walk through rehearsal in the afternoon before they let the audience in for the taping.

That was pretty cool, although I preferred the Billy Joel one. U2 was pretty good too when the Edge started playing Stairway! Lol

Last edited:

Pat Healy

I personally consider jimmy fallon to be the most talented and charming late night host ever.
Agreed. He's fantastic. His joy in doing the show is what makes it so much fun to watch, IMO. He knows it's the gig of a lifetime, and he feels no obligation to act cool about it. Instead he revels in it, and he invites the viewer along for the ride. Lots of fun.

Plant's performance later in the show was great. Good song, great band, etc. He's still got it.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Singing with Plant would be a honor for me.

Jimmy has really got his thing together…I was an early doubter.

No more!

S.
j

dazco

JF is one talented entertainer. I absolutely love his musical impressions. They are incredible.

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
I never watch the show but I do like these clips of musical numbers he does with guests.
If the whole show were a bunch of this stuff I'd watch every night.

Chris Hayden

What a great segment! Plant is so delightful, what a great ambassador of music he is. As far as JF goes, I believe he will go down as the second best Tonight Show host of all, Johnny will never be topped, IMO.

Ephi82

That's a lot of fun! I wonder if they rehearsed just a bit pre show?

I just cant stay up that late, but look forward to "The Best of Jimmy Fallon" when it comes out!

soulohio

that rawked...now I just want to see an hour or so of Plant singing whatever his wee heart desires...