!!!Roccaforte HG100 EVH clips!!!

J-Mart

Did three VH tunes for Doug's website tonight. Check out the tone on this mother! Click on the sig below. Let me know what you think of them.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Supporting Member
I don't think it's possible to come any closer. That sounds perfect to me :eek:

J-Mart

Actually a friend just sent me a clip of a guy with a Plexi that is scary close. Sounds like a different VH1 studio version of Little Dreamer. Amazing!!

J-Mart

Signal chain is guitar to a line6 delay modeler set on tube echo for a slapback (line6 gives it a little top end boost that I like....don't know how, but I don't a have a gain pedal or anything) to a mxr evh phase 90 to a mxr flanger into the amp. Cab is marshall with 25 watt greenies

Recorded with an sm57, behringer mic pre and a Boss BR-8.

fenderbender4

Gold Supporting Member
I'd say add an MXR 6-band EQ (cheap on ebay) and EQ it a tad and you've got it. You've definitely got the chops and play it even faster than the man himself. Awesome!!

J-Mart

Thanks Frascati.

The guitar is a wolfgang copy (basswood and quilted maple top w/ birdseye neck). Pickup is an EVH bridge out of an Ernie Ball guitar.

Fretmaster

I wore out my interest in nailing the EVH tone back in the mid 80's. After nearly 10 yrs of playing VH covers in various bands I just got worn out on it. But I have to say this is as close to the real deal as pretty much any I've heard. Very nice job on tone and chops alike! And I love the Rocca amps. Some of the most killer beasts on the market IMHO. :cool:

bluesmostly

I think that VH1 is still THE reference tone for rock guitar...

great job Jeremy!!:dude

Gotta love those Roccas!!

celestion101

Silver Supporting Member
AWESOME PLAYING! Doug's amps rock and those speakers sounded sweet if I may say so myself!;) :D

:dude

Originally posted by bluesmostly
I think that VH1 is still THE reference tone for rock guitar...
The reference tone for rock guitar is the Batman television theme. Everybody knows that. Just nobody wants to fess up to it when they're hanging around pretending that lead might be as important as rhythm.

Trending Topics