Roccaforte Jenelle!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ironman, May 24, 2008.

1. Ironman

Ironman Member

OMG! I've had her for almost 2 wks and can't pull myself away! Pumped through my M20 and H30 Heritage loaded cabs, the tone is something from Heaven! The finest channel switcher I've come across in over 25 yrs! Jazz, country, blues, classic/hard rock, metal...it does it all in its own way. Ch. 1 is his Custom 80 crkt and ch.2 is his HG crkt. I've always been a Custom fan, now with the addition of his HG, I've got all my tones covered in one head! I'm not sure what Doug has done but the preamps seem a little different than on the individual heads. The volumes are more linear, they come up smoother. Also with his effects loop, the HG preamp sounds so ridiculously sweet with something in the loop. Without anything in the loop the tone is more raw, very nice to be able to alter that crkt! The loop doesn't seem to affect the C80 crkt at all. There's also a man/wus switch (full/half power respectively) that changes things a bit obviously. To finish it off is a DI out with level adjust. Doug includes a footswitch but you can also change channels via a front panel toggle. Came loaded with Wing'd C's and JJ pre's. Nice compliment! Although, I've changed out the JJ's with a combo of Mullards and 9th gen Chinese (my fave). The workmanship is the best you'll find out there. What an incredible value this head is compared to other boutique heads out there...for me at least. I sure do like the Jenelle way better than the Wizard Modern Classic 100 I had.

All I can say is...run, don't walk to get one of these! Thanks Doug!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

You're most welcome! Thank you! DR

3. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

Your not helpin' with my G.A.S problem right now! Man I've been wanting one of those for a while now. Congratulations man!!:bow:dude:drink

4. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

What kind of country tones are you refering to? Straight up twang or the edgy new country sound?

5. Kelly

Kelly Member

O_O Green with enviousness.

6. Ironman

Ironman Member

Channel 1 (Custom 80) goes from chimey pristine clean to a beautiful thick crunch. Depends how you EQ and set the master. Ch 2
    (HG100) is thick and throaty, tight and articulate with great harmonic content. It's got a lot of singing sustain that has just the right amount of compression to my ears.

I'm kinda baffled by something though, the amp sounds best with something in the loop, I'm not used to that.

I'm just floored by this head, Doug's done something special here with this one.

7. Ironman

Ironman Member

both. The country boyz using Bogner's should really give a Jenelle a whirl.

8. SQUAREHEAD

SQUAREHEAD Supporting Member

Better than a Wizard Modern Classic??!!
    Wow!
    That's good!

9. Ironman

Ironman Member

To my ears absolutely! The Jenelle has a more classic tone to me, the Wizard sounded more modern.

The Wizard that I probably would have bonded with in the long run would probably be Rick's Vintage Classic...but she' not a 2 channel amp.

10. GuitarBrent

GuitarBrent Member

Doug,
    Are you using a different value volume pot or something on these?

11. GrisGrisFunk

GrisGrisFunk Member

Thanks for the review! I'm ordering the Jenelle this week directly from Doug. I can't wait to get one!

Mike

12. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

Nope, it's the mute circuits and the way I have the channels
    linked together that makes for a smoother volume increase.
    It doesn't jump like the old HG's and 80's do. DR

13. Ironman

Ironman Member

I blew off family to spend the day with her. What a rush! It's been a long long time since I've been so inspired by an amp! Two thumbs way up!!!
    [​IMG]

14. GrisGrisFunk

GrisGrisFunk Member

Just curious, does that footswitch for the two channels have to be used with your own cable or does it have it's own cable already attatched?

I'm wondering because my old Soldano SLO had to be attatched by whatever cable you decided to use which I thought was pretty cool because you can decide on how long you want the cable to be for the connection. Let me know...Thanks!

Mike

15. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

The footswitch cable is attatched to the footswitch.
    You can order a longer one when ordering the amp.
    Doug

16. mcgriff420

mcgriff420 Member

Now that got my attention!

Those edgy country tones are exactly what I go for.

I played an ecstasy for a year or so in my country band but moved to single and two channel amps with od's for grind.

A more straightforward and refined ecstasy type sound would be right up my alley:AOK

17. Ironman

Ironman Member

She sounds great at home friendly volumes! She's got a very full and powerful tone all the way through her volume range. The volumes come up real smooth, a nice improvement there. Absolutely no need to piss off the neighbors to get great tone. You can always use the wus setting (half pwr.) to drop the volume a bit too. I think she's running on the two inner tubes on wus. The loop sounds great, I've got a delay running in the loop without any tone sucking happening. I like the design of the Jenelle, an improvement on the individual heads with all of the features/changes...of course, Doug could add these things to his Custom and HG series amps too, they're just not standard.

18. GrisGrisFunk

GrisGrisFunk Member

Man this amp sounds great, I'm surprised there isn't alot more talk about these amps. I'm sending my order in today for the Jenelle. I can't wait to get it!

Mike

19. Ironman

Ironman Member

I'm sure you'll love it!

20. Roccaforte Amps

Roccaforte Amps Member

Just remind me you need a longer cable (hahaha LOL).:BEER