Rock band Jet's gear.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bloody rocker, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Bloody rocker

Bloody rocker Member

Anybody know what they used around the Get Born album? Mostly on the record but also live? I guess it's VOX and Fender but more details?

Thanks!

2. Simto

Simto Member

I don't know what gear they used other than the obvious. Just wanted to say the Get Born album is insanely awesome! The songs are rocking and the sound is amazing. It's the same guy who also did the first Wolfmother album. I listen to both albums a lot when i try and mix stuff for my band.

3. telecasting

telecasting Member

I'm pretty sure almost all of the tones were from the ES335 and Flying V the guitarists have through old jmp marshalls, and a tiny bit of wah here and there. Oh, and a Cusack tap-a-whirl for a tremolo part somewhere. I read it in an old Guitarist magazine years ago. I'm surprised they didn't just go for an SG and a Gretsch. They did otherwise pretty much rip off AC/DC.

4. Bloody rocker

Bloody rocker Member

I don't agree at all. They had a totally different vibe and more groove rather than the straight up rock n roll IMO. But thanks for the info!

5. mesa/boogieman

mesa/boogieman Senior Member

I saw them on the Get Born tour and Nic Cester used a Gibson SG through a Hiwatt. Cam Muncey played Les Paul also through a Hiwatt.

6. SeicheNZ

SeicheNZ Member

that album rocks! Plus it has an awesome sound.
    the (main?) riff on "cold hard bitch", starting around the 0:45 mark is what i strive for as a rhythm sound. very influential. has that awesome definition and brightness to it, just kicks ass.
    So that's a 335 into a vox? or a fender (and which one)?

edit: hmm hiwatt sounds also interesting

7. telecasting

telecasting Member

Marshall or Hiwatt then. I don't ever remember them talking about fenders or voxes, but that was at the time. I remember one of them talking about trading an old jag or JM for his guitar he used at the time at some shop which was amusing in terms of the way he told it.

8. Bloody rocker

Bloody rocker Member

Mabye they hadn't found the voxes by then, all I know is they used VOX on the later tours. I'm not even sure they're around now.

9. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

No, they're on hiatus. I've been listening to Jet a lot lately. I really really like their rhythm sounds. I'm not sure what sound would emulate that. Hiwatt? Vox?

10. matticus97

matticus97 Member

I saw a concert they played and the lead singer was playing a Gibson Es-339 into a Vox Ac30

11. Schafrocks

Schafrocks Member

I can get that sound easily with a Les Paul and my JCM800 2204. Pretty much to the t.

12. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

how does marshall jcm 800, vox ac30 and a hiwatt dr103 (? ) all get mentioned. IIRC they all should sound different. anyone else got more info?

13. sacakl

sacakl Silver Supporting Member

It appears they were using Musicground Hiwatts live at some point in time, whether it's a DR504 or DR103, not sure. Definitely 4 inputs in this pic. Of course, they could have had another amp backline that was miked, ala The Hives.
    http://www.hiwatt.com/data/Hiwatt_artist.html

14. d3nzi0

d3nzi0 Member

When I watched them on tour for that album it was all JMP Marshalls and 335 guitars.

15. capt4inslow

capt4inslow Member

They just announced their discontinuation as a band together on Facebook today.

:(

16. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

that's so sad. one of the coolest bands in the past decade. mixed old school rock to a new generation.

17. spakuloid

spakuloid Member

Bummed

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner