Rock Box Pedals ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gmann, Feb 12, 2012.

1. gmann

gmann Member

I've been lookin' at these pedals and checking out some of the video's. They all sound good but very similiar. For those of you that have real world experiences with them what are the differences between the Boiling Point, The Red Dog and the Baby Blues.

2. JeffOlson

JeffOlson Member

I'm not much help: I have only the Boiling Point. As you might have heard, it is a "Super Screamer," a Tube Screamer like overdrive with a bit of a mid hump but clearer, with more options and more gain. In my experience with a couple of dozen ODs, it is one of the best of that type. Smooth and not at all congested sounding... Very nice, but very expensive.

3. hawes

hawes Member

I have a BP and a RD. Hoping to pick up BB over the summer. What Jeff said said above it spot on for the BP. It is very versatile..plus the ability to use as a clean boost is fantastic.

The RD has a ton of volume available with it. It has a lot of bass in the pedal but it is not mushy. I think I remember reading this was supposed to be a red llama type pedal. I can hear it sounding a little fuzzy and twead-ish in some settings. Pretty cool for rhythm playing. Still trying to figure out this pedal with my gear right now...but it is a quality build.

The BB is a blues breaker style pedal. Seems versatile but no hands on experience with it. Hopefully someone will chime in on this pedal.