• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Rock n Roll Relics

timberic

I have a Townshend (SG Special). It's my #1 and hands down the best instrument that I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleep

I played one very briefly a couple days ago, & it played very well. It was the "johnny thunders 2" model- I was surprised at how flat the fingerboard felt even though it's specified as 12". I wasn't motivated enough by the appearance of the guitar to plug it in, but it definitely felt good.

thrashmetl

Silver Supporting Member
They're pretty cool looking, but I couldn't justify paying that much for something I could build myself for 1/3 of the price. They're guitars are made from Precision Guitar Kits.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
They're pretty cool looking, but I couldn't justify paying that much for something I could build myself for 1/3 of the price. They're guitars are made from Precision Guitar Kits.
Wow.
I just Googled them.
Very cool stuff.

delron22

I have a Thunders DC that I ordered last year. Billy was great to deal with with and the guitar came out just as I hoped it wood. It plays and sounds superb, and has the best set up on a guitar I've ever had.

Seegs

Ebay'ed a reliced neck from them a long time ago...got an Allparts neck and for about $200 +shipping I have to say it was one of the best necks I have ever had...

At that time the guitars were about $700 and they looked great...

I'm sure they are great but at this current pricing structure there is no way I would be remotely interested in their guitars...no resale value over here either!!

Chow,
Seegs

Arewenotmen?

Yeah, they're really good guitars. I've only played two of them in the store -- I don't own one yet, but each one was great.

svenhoek

One of my personal fave guitars I've played was a Rock N Roll Relics Thunders with the 59 neck. Played and sounded so good unplugged, an amp wasn't even necessary...

They are very cool guitars. I bought a Thunders a while back, it sounds phenomenal, but it has the 60s slim neck, which is not for me. Wish I could trade it for the 50s neck I tried. (I'm very sad about it, because it's such a cool guitar, other than the slim neck not being for me.)

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom